Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Sheets energy strips (Read 14117 times)
BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: Sheets energy strips
Reply #50 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 12:57pm

I couldn't find the Stackers so I started reading labels on the other energy drinks. I bought a six pack of '5-hour Energy' extra strength 1.93 oz. bottles. The label says the caffeine is equal to a 12oz. cup of coffee and also has taurine. The label says to use a half bottle at a time and that's what I've done. I've tried it 3 times over 2 days and it seems to help reduce the pain from a Kip 6-7 to 2-3 in about 4 to 6 minutes. It seems to have promise so far so I'll continue to experiment for a while.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #51 - May 2nd, 2012 at 2:29pm

Thanks for all your input Bob. I am going to try it too. Seem to be getting alot of shadows lately and the energy strips help the shadows to a certain point. they help for a few hours and then i have to take them again. They energy strips seem to really be helping my migraine friends which is wonderful. Just wish they would work a little better for us. I guess it has been alot of wishful thinking.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #52 - May 2nd, 2012 at 3:02pm

If you have an Aldi store near you, try their brand of the 5 hour energy shot called Red Thunder.  They help me a lot and only cost a buck a piece.   They don't taste very good but none of the energy drinks taste good to me.

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #53 - May 6th, 2012 at 1:35pm

It's been 11 days since my last post on this subject and I've tried the 5 Hour Energy shots ( a half bottle, about 1 oz.) a dozen times. Most of the shots have helped reduce the Kip number from 6 to 3. They also are good to get rid of a shadow, most of the time. I've tried the Red Bull type drinks but can't stand the taste unless it's real cold and gulping down a cold drink isn't something I like. The 1 oz. energy shots are quicker and easier but still taste like skunk poop. I recommend others try this stuff. It may help and it may not but I think it is worth the try.
This thread started about Sheets Energy strips...I've tried them and found they are only, sometimes, good for low level shadows.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #54 - May 6th, 2012 at 7:01pm

yes i have found that they are only working for the shadows too. well at least we gave it a try and i thank everyone that did for doing so.  Smiley

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #55 - May 13th, 2012 at 3:13am

i have used caffiene alone for a long time before i got diagnosed.  when i went to SFAS, i knew i couldnt bring my energy drinks or coffee with me, so i made a past out of guarana pills and caffiene pills.  i got a tube of baby toothpaste, emptied it, and filled it with the paste i made from the pills.  whenever i would go to sleep, i would act like i was brushing my teeth with my "no-spit baby toothpaste" and then try to quickly go to sleep before it started to kick in.  since i was only getting a couple hours of sleep a night, i was usually tired enough to still fall asleep. 

after i got diagnosed, right before i went to iraq, i remembered the crushed pill paste thing working a lot faster than just taking a tablet as they are.  i stocked up on taurine pills, caffiene pills, and guarana pills.  before each mission, i would dissolve them in a small bottle and have that on my kit, just in case.  it usually did the trick.

what point am i getting at? 
i just found pills at walmart called "stress tabs".  they have about the same ingredients you would find in an energy drink, and you get 75 pills for about 6 dollars.  im going to try dissolving a couple into some Kool Aid and see if i can make my own energy drink. 

for the cost, it might just be worth it.  it would be far cheaper than Sheets, shots, or drinks.

IP Logged

aprildawn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

UP of Michigan
Reply #56 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 10:23am

Was on the golf course on saturday in 94* heat ( I learned that is not a good thing while I am in cycle) and started with the pain. I had a Maxalt with me & took that but things started to go downhill. My husband got me to the car & I popped 2 energy strips that I had in my purse (OMG, do they taste bad) & blasted the AC. I was painfree in 10 minutes. Don't know what did it but I will keep those energy strips in my purse just in case.

IP Logged

GrooveMeister
CH.com Newbie

London UK
Reply #57 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 6:12am

Does anyone know where I can get these in the UK? I'm probably in an ideal position to try 'em without any external influences.
Won't get any meds until I see the doc on Monday and ran out of O2 yesterday morning (horrible, horrible night). The delivery van just rang me up to say they've broken down. They'll try to get to me today but aren't promising anything.
I've been out and about this morning looking for these (and melatonin which I think is prescription only here) with no joy. Not in Boots, Superdrug, Holland & Barrett or Sainsbury's anyway.
Cheers
Steve

IP Logged

Kevin-58
CH.com Newbie

God Be with us

Middle Georgia
Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:53am

After a 6 month resbit - I've found myself in a cycle that usually hits me in November - 2 -3 clusters a day - just survived 6 in the last 24 hours. I prefer the taste of coffee, so If i'm home I;ll make a capacinno after I take a MAXALT or SUMATRIPTAN and go on the oxygen - usually it's over in 15 to 20 minutes....problem is I have an awefull time falling back to sleep after words. I'll try the Walmart stress tabs today and post back the results - if it works it's going to save me hundreds - literally Smiley This cycle seems to be affected by the heat and me over doing it also, so the water is flowing down my throat all day long. So great to have all of you to share with - together we may find our miracle potion. Smiley

kt.coleman  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #59 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:20am

After all this time I still found Stackers 2 Energy Shots to be "it" for me.  It really did work as an abort some of the time.  I don't believe it was a fluke.  It worked very well for shadows.  And sometimes if I caught a CH in the very beginning.  After all these years of not having a working abort (other than darn ICE and cold showers) This was great.  I know everyone is different, so not everyone will have the same results.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

whooligun
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #60 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:48am

I think everyone needs to be a little careful before jumping on the energy drink/sheet/shot bandwagon. There are a lot of chemicals & ingredients in those things, and they should be taken with extreme caution!

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #61 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:54am

whooligun wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:48am:
I think everyone needs to be a little careful before jumping on the energy drink/sheet/shot bandwagon. There are a lot of chemicals & ingredients in those things, and they should be taken with extreme caution!

It's not a bandwagon.  It's just putting it out there what has or hasn't worked.  That's part of what this message board is all about.

*edited to add... The medications we take are chemicals.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:55am by Tara Ann »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #62 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:07pm

Quote:

With all due respect, poppycock! A hundred energy drinks carry less risk than one shot of imitrex.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

akage
CH.com Junior

Reply #63 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 2:05am

Wanna let you know that Sheets are today on sale on shnoop.com (US 1 day only) - 120 strips for $10 when you use this promo code: sheetsenergy1
Seeing as some people had some success with this stuff, I bought a box and will try it when I'm in a cycle again (hopefully never).

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #64 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 3:05pm

has anyone tried the mio energy water enhancers?  its a concentrated energy drink liquid that you add to water to make an energy drink of your desired strength.
here its ingredients:  Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Caffeine, Contains less than 2% of taurine, Guarana Extract, Ginseng Extract (Panax), Niacinamide, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium ( Sweeteners), Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Blue 1, Yellow 5, and Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

my lithium and verapamil combo is working better than anything i have ever tried, so im not in a position to test it.

i may try it though.  if i miss a days dose of my meds, i get hit(happend twice in the last couple months), so it may be worth it to keep on hand.  its already in liquid form, and costs about the same as two of the cheaper energy shots, but it makes 18 8oz servings.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!