Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
new surgical procedure (Read 8028 times)
ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Re: new surgical procedure
Reply #50 - May 4th, 2012 at 8:26pm

Thank you, tachead. I know what you are trying to say about throwing too many things at this at once, but really, I gave the verapamil a good 2 months, at least, to work & it didn't. Then we added depakote & prednisone. Nothing worked. I have since come off the verapamil & depakote & am only taking prednisone now. I just didn't want to continue with meds that weren't working. Also, I did stop the zyrtec 2 days ago. It was still the same. I know how important it is to give each medicine a chance, especially as it could end up being something that works & if I was adding everything at once I wouldn't know which one was the effective one. This spg block isn't a major surgery & it isn't permanent so I will give it a try. My neuro has said that the spg can be a pathway to all the pain, and the block can interrupt the pain signals to other areas. I've been dealing with these headaches for almost 20 years, and I am ready to get more aggressive, though. Especially since the prednisone isn't as helpful as it used to be.   

Thankyou Brew for your well wishes.

I will come back & make a post about it after it is done & tell everyone exactly how it was done & how I feel afterwards just in case anyone is interested in looking into it for themselves.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #51 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:38pm

Sending all my pain free vibes your way Ariel, wishing you peace and some pain free time...and SOON.  Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Reply #52 - May 5th, 2012 at 9:17pm

Thank you Joe. Pf days to you too  Smiley

IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #53 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:45pm

I saw Stu Tepper at NECH when Dr Sheftell (RIP) was out on medical leave.
I didnt like the dude and he unlike Sheftell was pushing surgical procedures.

I wond up seeing Noah Rosen who had me do a DHE infusion for a week as an inpatient.

I'd do that and bust prior to surgery.

8 yr chronic

Good luck!

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!