Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here (Read 1058 times)
-dvb-
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

New Jersey
New here
Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:08pm

Hello,

Been visiting the site for about a month. 37 and just "formally" diagnosed yesterday as an Episodic CH'er (my father is also an episodic, so I was pretty confident i knew what was coming). This cycle started in early Feb. called the Neurologist mid Feb, but they couldn't squeeze me in until yesterday (doc now says I will be seen with 24 hours of calling the office). Found this site while doing a simple search and began looking around. Without any access to meds (or O2), and a month long wait to see the doc (GP was useless), I started the D3 therapy found in the "123 days PF thread" at the end of Feb. It has helped - reduction in severity of CHs after about 6 days, and have been relatively PF for the past week and a half (THANK YOU BATCH!). Doc was receptive to the idea of D3 although couldn't rule out the end of the cycle (had that thought myself, but I'm not about to stop the D3 and find out!). Now have scripts for O2 and Imitrex. Plan for the next cluster (hurts just to write that) is prednisone taper and either verapimil or lithium.

Wanted to wait until the formal diagnosis before introducing myself. Also want to thank everyone here for everthing you've all contributed to the site.

Hello and Thank You,

-d

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: New here
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:54pm

Welcome to the board DVB! If you haven't read the oxygen link, take a look see, just to make sure you get the maximum benefit from it:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

With any luck, the D-3 will make the 02 a mute point! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

-dvb-
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

New Jersey
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:26pm

Thanks Joe. I'll bookmark that link for future reference. Lot of useful info on this site.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:28pm by -dvb- »  

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:36pm

The best CH advice out there is: Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Joe has given you good advice, take it and all you can find, to prepare for whatever CH sends your way.

I've been suffering from CH for 24 years and "ClusterHeadaches.com" has given me better treatment and control than I ever would have found thru my Doctor alone. Read and be wise.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 5:02am

Hello and welcome to Clusterville

DO keep up with the D3 regimen.  I'm a "head trauma" CHer, chronic since 1/01 .  .  .  been here since 2/02 . . . was in bad shape when my wife found this site for me . . . saved my life.

Have been using 02 to abort for ten years.  This past summer had really bad spell in June/July . . . rapidly ramping Kip 8's . . . using 2-3 "E" tanks daily, plus Rock Star energy drinks (orange), which really help, and ice packs.  The last time I bought 02 was 10/13/11 (six tanks) . . . I still have 3 full tanks left . . . NO attacks in 4 1/2 months.  My guaranteed triggers (alcohol, exhaust fumes, chemical products like carb or brake cleaner) are NOT producing attacks.  I've had five or six brandy's, three or four single beers, and yesterday two beers (still fearful) . . . not even a twinge. 

You've found the motherlode of CH info/caring/sharing.  Ask any questions you may have.   The answers you receive come from folks who truly know your pain.

Be Safe,    PFDANs

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

-dvb-
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

New Jersey
Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:19pm

Thanks Don and Richard,

There truly is a ton of information to digest here. As for the D3, it really is making a difference (or at least I think it is - could be end of cycle). Just the occassional shadows and sleeping through the night finally! Did read through the thread again on Sat while not feeling particularly good and realized my Calcium plus was a bit light on Magnesium. Added the extra Magnesium sup and so far so good. Have a feeling I'll be reading everything here 3 or 4 or 5 times (and then always checking for updates).

Thanks again to everyone here. It's been a big help just knowing this place exists.

-d
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:31pm by -dvb- »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!