Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm 99% skeptic... (Read 3019 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
I'm 99% skeptic...
Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:49pm

I'm 99% skeptic, but thought this was worth sharing considering the Q&A section included an inquiry from a CCH'er patient of Dr. Goadsby.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: I'm 99% skeptic...
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 6:54pm

I admit it's tidier but frozen peas are still my friends.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:49pm

I'm with Brian, tidier then some of the cold wraps I've come up with over the years, as an emergency "keep it in the freezer for the night the 02 tank goes dry" it'd probably be okay. Many do get relief from ice packs or as Brian said, "frozen pea packs"! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 7:25am

With all the beer Brian drinks, he could have quite a business selling frozen "pee" packs.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 7:30am

ANY contact with my temples during a hit is a no-no. I can't imagine wanting, or benefitting from, constant pressure there. Still, if anyone is brave enough to try it, I'd like to hear the report on it. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 1:43pm

I'm with you, Gregg. An ice bag or heating pad would be much better. I also noticed it said "If you like the Headache Reliever you'll probably like these".... a leash for your dog and a catnip toy for you cat.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Mike8488
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 9:53pm

I'm with wimsey. Anytype of pressure near my temples makes me want to claw my eye even more than I normally do. The cold packs never seem to work for me. I find that it changes my pain into something I find even more uncomfortable, but like everyone else says, what's good for goose may not be good for the gander.

IP Logged

Paul_zero6
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com... but not
CH!

NW Georgia/ Atlanta area
Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:56am

Ditto-ing Mike & Wimsey: any pressure near my temple will kill me. I can't even wear my glasses when an attack starts, as the slight pressure of the arm resting between my ear & temple makes it worse.

An ice pack - actually a bag of frozen corn (I was out of peas...) - stopped one shadow. Any other time I've tried it, either the pain from the applied pressure becomes unbearable, or it adds what feels like an ice cream headache from hell on top of the CH attack, which besides being no fun at all, feels really odd.

"It is true that the gods answer all prayers.
"In my case, the answer invariably is mocking laughter." -- Peter David

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:09am

This ad is on a LOT of our face-book pages.  It says it is clinically PROVEN to cure Cluster headaches.  Many of us have reported this ad to the "powers that be" for false advertising.  Cold pack helping..yes.  Curing...NO WAY.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

muggins53
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:29pm

I have done the frozen peas a number of times(usually when out of O2). I have found that the longer I keep the ice on, usually around my part of my hair, the more it hurts, BUT once I remove the pain gradually subsides..(each throb gets less painful),might have to do it 3 or 4 times to get total relief..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!