Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vitamin D in pregnancy linked to child language (Read 702 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Vitamin D in pregnancy linked to child language
Feb 16th, 2012 at 2:40am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Quote:
Mothers with low vitamin D levels during pregnancy are twice as likely to have children who experience language difficulties requiring clinical treatment, Australian scientists have found in research that reignites the debate on whether all pregnant mothers should be tested for deficiency.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Quote:
New research from Perth’s Telethon Institute for Child Health Research has found that children of mums who had low levels of Vitamin D during pregnancy are twice as likely to have language difficulties.

The research, published in the latest edition of the international journal Pediatrics, is the largest study of its kind into the link between a mother’s vitamin D levels and the effect on her child’s speech and behavioural development

Another link between vitamin D and the brain. I wonder if there are more?

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Re: Vitamin D in pregnancy linked to child language
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:55am

i know my mother suffered low Vitamin D when when she was pregnant with me, and i did suffer some pretty severe speech problems until i was about nine... 

16 years later i speak four languages and am learning a fifth.  of course, i spent my entire childhood in the sun...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!