Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lamictal (Read 1228 times)
Billie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Maryland
Lamictal
Feb 12th, 2012 at 3:22pm

Has anyone had any success with Lamictal?  I have been on verapamil 120 mg for 2 years with great success until a couple weeks ago, and so I went back to see my neurologist, and instead of increasing the dose she adds Lamictal because of the whole constipation thing with verapamil.  If you ask me, I would rather deal with constipation than a cluster headache any day.  Anyway, the neurologist I was seeing retired back in September, and I really liked him.  The new one is telling me oxygen is usually not covered by insurance unless it is a lung problem, and so she is putting me back on Fioricet again, which I have had great success with in the past until it stopped working, started working again and then stopped again, but I am willing to give it another try because I become desperate for anything when these things act up.  I am just feeling that whole hopeless feeling right now.   Undecided

http://www.facebook.com/smithbilliejoe?ref=tn_tnmn  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Re: Lamictal
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 7:50pm

I've taken Lamictal since the 90s but it's prescribed for my epilepsy which I've had fun with for 43 years. I haven't had a serious CH hit since 1991 but the Lamictal began several years later.

I've mentioned this here before, I'm sure.

It's worth a try though. The generic is Lamotrigine.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:21am

Quote:
she is putting me back on Fioricet again

Just how old is this Doctor???

Find a new Doc.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:22am by seaworthy »  

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:24am

Fioricet is great for tension headaches.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Billie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Maryland
Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:35pm

Fioricet really did work great for my cluster headaches for years and extremely fast.

http://www.facebook.com/smithbilliejoe?ref=tn_tnmn  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!