Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long time with out dancing with the devil (Read 1073 times)
gsockrider
CH.com Newbie

x0|New Orleans|USA||0|0|LA,Louisiana
Long time with out dancing with the devil
Feb 4th, 2012 at 10:39am

But its back and worse than ever. Its been 5 good years, but I am getting them twice a day now for over a week.

IP Logged

ImOnlyHuman
CH.com Sponsor

I Love CH.com!

Re: Long time with out dancing with the devil
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:49pm

Looks like its time for me too dance again too. Have not had one since last April, but started a new cycle on Feb 1st, just like last year. Almost like clockwork. That is so weird to me, how its like the Devil was just watching his calendar and waiting.
     I just hope my doubleing up on my blood pressure meds ( verapamil) is as effective as it was last year. So far my headaches have not been to severe the last 3 nights, but I just had a 45 minute nap ( my usual start time ) and have got a pretty intense one going right now. Wanted to make sure I am "IN" a cycle.  Wow! I am pretty sure now that I am.
    So I will start doubling up on the meds today.
    One thing IS for sure, Its Nice To Know My Fellow Cluster Heads Are Still Right Here For Me!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 3:06pm

Have a good read through the forums, get up to date with what has changed since the last visit from the beast, make sure you've got preventives (verapamil, etc.) and abortives (oxygen, imitrex, etc.) all sorted.

Do check out the posts on vitamin D which a lot of people are having a lot of success with.

I hope your cycles are short and any CHs are aborted quickly.

IP Logged

gsockrider
CH.com Newbie

x0|New Orleans|USA||0|0|LA,Louisiana
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 12:00pm

Thanks for the support. Any one out there try Azelastine Nasal Spray? A neurolagist friend swears by it, I am getting a script for it tomarrow. Will post the results.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 5:34pm

I'm not familiar with Azelastine, but in looking it up I find it is an antihistimine.  I don't see where that will do much for CH, but then I've been wrong before.  Let us know how you get on with it.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

CHsRtheDeviL
CH.com Junior

Kill The Beast!!!

Downers Grove
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 12:22am

Hasnt been a real long time for me yet but I haven't had an attack since September 28th 2011.  They always start for me in the summer right around July 4th which really blows.  Good luck to all the people pain free and even better luck to the people dealing with the devil right now!  I so hope I make it through this summer without them, 4 attacks a day for 3 months or so is insane.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 7:20pm

Mine were like clockwork too. It's pretty common around here. You're far from alone.

Hold on and PF...like now!

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!