Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dream then awoke w/ cluster (Read 554 times)
1967ssf
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dream then awoke w/ cluster
Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:09pm

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience.  I was awoken in the middle of the night with a devil of a cluster head ache. Prior to being awakened I had a dream a cat had it's claw through my right eye (always the eye the pain pierces through). In my dream I remember thinking OMG this cat is going to proforate my eyelid, this is the worse pain I have ever felt, I also though..this cat is going to cause me to go blind in this eye. I remember being really scared in my dream as I was afraid to try to pull at her paw that my eyelid may break open. I woke all of the sudden to the worse custer headache ever. I was wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen where the pain was coming to you in a dream.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Dream then awoke w/ cluster
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:43pm

The human brain will incorporate all sorts of real-life events into dreams. Dreaming of being on a train when "hearing" a train whilst sleeping, even adolescent nocturnal emissions while becoming sexually aroused during sleep (wet dreams).

Chances are you were experiencing the CH attack while still asleep, and your brain incorporated the pain into your dream.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 12:05am

Yep .. can't ever truly remember the dream.  But something happens to my head and I'm crying.  Then I wake up in pain with a wet face.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:12am

Those were the worst for me. I'd dream I was getting a CH attack, dream I was firing off the oxygen tank, dream it wasn't working.....by the time I wake up I'm really getting creamed and it takes much longer to abort! Cry

Welcome to the board, when you get a chance give us a rundown of what you're using prevent and abort wise. Make sure you're up with the latest and the greatest!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:10am

Brew wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:43pm:
The human brain will incorporate all sorts of real-life events into dreams. Dreaming of being on a train when "hearing" a train whilst sleeping, even adolescent nocturnal emissions while becoming sexually aroused during sleep (wet dreams).

Chances are you were experiencing the CH attack while still asleep, and your brain incorporated the pain into your dream.

I agree with this excellent reply.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:34am

Whenever I wake up with a cluster, it's usually right at the beginning before the pain is really all that bad(I'm a pretty light sleeper) but I always notice that the dream tends to end with a kind of echoing sound. The sound might be a voice within the dream, or a bang, or some other sudden sound. I don't recall simply just waking up and having the cluster already at peak pain.

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 5:12pm

Guiseppi wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:12am:
Those were the worst for me.....by the time I wake up I'm really getting creamed and it takes much longer to abort!

Joe

Agree 150%... they definitely are the worst  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 8:18am

Yep.  Dreams occur during REM sleep.  Clusters occur during REM sleep.  Wonder what's going on in the head during REM?

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:14am

Brew wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:43pm:
your brain incorporated the pain into your dream.

In the past, the urge to continue sleeping and dreaming has tolerated slight annoyances in the dream, until it becomes unignorable.  It could be like a pleasant scene, but there is car honking off in the distance.  Ok, so it's not a perfect dream, it can continue.  Then the honking becomes more of an annoying tone.  Still being somewhat tolerated, but then soon it becomes like someone leaning on a horn, a blaring, and begins to overtake the dream.  Seconds later, waking to a well ramped up hit, like Guiseppi said.  Wow, did I do everything to ignore it until it was just too much, sometimes thinking it will even go away and I can still sleep, dreaming is a comfortable state and can be resistant to waking.  No, it's worse, and way too late. 

There have been many different examples.

Like Marc mentions, after many times, I did begin to force myself awake, but at first felt like I couldn't move.  I guess not physically conscious yet though the mind knows. 
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:22am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!