Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Educating a bit about ch (Read 865 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Educating a bit about ch
Jan 25th, 2012 at 3:49am

As some of you know, I'm back to school and studying to become a practical nurse. Part of my first year studies, I need to complete an assignment we call "Family task".

It is a group effort, there is 4 of us in our group, and we need to create a fictional family with parents, 3 children of different ages and grandparents and give them all different social and health needs and problems. This will teach us how to find these different health and social services which our city and country offers for its people.

We divided the familymembers between us and I got the parents, mom and dad. Naturally I want to make one of them a clusterhead! I already know so much about the topic, the services... And this would teach my two teachers and my 3 fellow students about ch. That is always a bonus! Smiley

Now all I have to figure out is: which parent? Wink

PF wishes to all of us! Smiley
Sanna
(still PF, if I will make it to April, I'll break my former PF time record!)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Educating a bit about ch
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 5:08am

It's got to be the father as we all know that women don't get CH (only joking) and the father must have lion like features too.

Actually, why not have one of the grandparents have the CH, then you can link in a longer history with them being episodic, the episodes getting longer, discussion of the risk of their kids / grandkids getting CH too. And it'll probably be a contrast to most people who will give the grandparents something like alzheimers or similar.

You could give one of the others migraines and help contrast it and CH but also the similarity of many of the medications, like imitrex.

You'll probably be the only one with a CH family too, which will stand out.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 10:37am

Sounds fun, please do share updates Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 10:41am

Sanna,

What a great opportunity to be able to tell others about CH! 

I would suggest having the mother have CH.  Women are so often misdiagnosed.  I thought I had migraines for over 20 years. 

Good luck with your assignment!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 9:36pm

Sanna, I was going to say make it the father, not because "women don't get CH", but because typically, the father is the breadwinner in the family and CH can and does play a huge part in that breadwinner's ability to keep bringing home the bacon, so to speak.

But, after reading Mike's post about making a grandparent the CH sufferer, you really could do more with it by going back a generation to show how CH affects more than just the core family but the extended family as well.  So I vote for a grandparent.

I'll be very interested to see what you end up doing and reading it.  Great job, Sanna.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:41am

Thank you for your encouraging comments, Mike, Gregg, Jeannie & Sandy! Smiley

Mike, although I love that idea, I'm afraid I cannot make it into reality; I'm not the one who is in charge for the grandparents. Other member of our team got them. I can only decide what will happen to mom and dad in this fictional family.

I am, however, toying with the idea that the mother would be pregnant, which would give me an opportunity to discuss ch via her and their fears if this unborn child will inherit ch, although the other 3 kids have not (I assume that the member who is deciding for them, has a lot planned for them).

But no need to fear: I will be clearly pointing out just how much impact ch can have on the sufferer and his/her whole family, work, health in general, friendships, etc. I just have to recall to stop in some point... Grin After all, they don't want us to write a novel... Wink

Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate them a lot. Smiley

Lots of PF time,
Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!