Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally!!! (Read 493 times)
rosie89
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Finally!!!
Jan 23rd, 2012 at 3:49pm

CNN has posted an article in it's health section about the benfits of psilocybin, the ingredient in mushrooms that help cluster headaches!

Of course, they don't mention it's benefits for cluster headache sufferers, only sufferers of depression (but at least some info's getting out there!), so I added that in a comment in the bottom  Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: Finally!!!
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 4:20pm

I just added a comment too...promoting the Clusterbusters conference in Las Vegas 9/21st. Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Re: Finally!!!
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 12:34am

I read the story on msnbc.com and it had the following paragraph...

The studies also showed that psilocybin reduced blood flow in the hypothalamus - a part of the brain where people who suffer from a condition known as cluster headaches often have increased blood flow. This could explain why some cluster headache sufferers have said their symptoms improved after taking the psychedelic drug, the researcher said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!