Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache and Jet-lag (Read 956 times)
japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Cluster Headache and Jet-lag
Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:09am

I had my clusters start up on me back in mid December, just before my family and I took a trip back to the US for the Christmas holidays. I was really dreading dealing with the trip while in the middle of a cycle, but as it turned out I never experienced a single cluster headache the entire three weeks I was back home for Christmas.

Then, when we returned to Japan, my clusters started back up again as if right on cue.

I found this kind of odd and almost too perfectly timed to be coincidental. I'm wondering if going through the jet-lag and resetting my body's clock back 14 hours was the reason the clusters went away for the time I was back home. Has anybody ever experienced something like this, or was I just lucky?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Cluster Headache and Jet-lag
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:15am

I'm just the opposite! On cycle, screwing up my sleep cycle, like shifting from days to graveyards, turns the beast loose big time.  Shocked

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Re: Cluster Headache and Jet-lag
Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 1:02pm

I travel about every two weeks from the US to the Middle East.  I had my first-ever attack on a return from a trip (no idea if coincidental, or related), but since bringing things under control, I have come and gone repeatedly with no negative consequences.  Good luck!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!