Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Started taking Kudzu tablets (Read 3607 times)
Glen conley
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kingman arizonia
Started taking Kudzu tablets
Jan 15th, 2012 at 11:51pm

I am at wits end. I currently take verapamil, lithium durring the day and amitriptalen and Valium at night to function. I have ramped up my lithium and this has caused rining in my ears. I am cronic and my cycle is 3-5 times a day and this will go on for years. One day out of the week I might not have any ch. this is the third day I have been on the kudzu pills 750 mg. two at 7 am 1 at 3 pm and two at 10pm. I notice a change in the intensity has decreased a bit. I am recording and charting to see if there will be any difference.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Started taking Kudzu tablets
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 8:44am

Be careful combining kudzu with verapamil. I believe they have similar properties and mechanisms. You have probably already said, but do you use O2? Imitrex? Migranal? Energy drinks? I am also chronic, and have been dealing for 35 years, and like you I'm still looking for that right coctail. Good luck and God bless. lance

IP Logged

Glen conley
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kingman arizonia
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 8:08pm

I use to use oxygen but can afford it now. No insurance or job. I want to see a neurologist and see what other meds I might be able to take.  When I go in cycle it last for years and then calms down for a couple of years. Welding oxygen seems like a possibility.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 8:49pm

Look at welding O2 for sure.

I used Kudzu for about 3 years.  The best legal prevent I've been able to find.  I used it to wean myself off of Verap and Lithium due to the side effects i got from them, including the ringing in the ears that I still have over 5 years later.

I don't know where you get your Kudzu, but Swanson's Vitamins was the best source I could find with AWESOME service and price matching for the rare times you can find a cheaper price.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register; I wish I was on commission!  I've sent a lot of people there.  Please keep us posted how it works for you.

Third, and possibly best option, check out Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

All the best,
Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Glen conley
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kingman arizonia
Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 8:36pm

Hard to tell if anything is working with the kudzu. I have no set time, duration or cycle. Yesterday I had kip 8 start at 2 pm and end at 6 pm. Had one hour of reality and kip 8/9 start at 8pm and last till 1am.  10 freaking hours. I use to never have ch last that long.

IP Logged

CC_stole_my_Harte
CH.com Junior

Life's a garden, DIG IT?!

Tyler, Texas
Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 8:41pm

Heads up on the welder's o2 that I wish someone else would have said... If you have been without a job for some time now and your credit isn't great, they may charge you a big deposit to lease a tank... Or may not lease one to you at all!  Today I had to purchase a tank (about 4' tall) for around $160 and then a regulator + hoses for $150.  The air may be cheap, but getting the actual mechanisms to use it might not be!  We had to do a short sale on our home after a work transfer and that messed up our credit for a couple years.

WWW www.facebook.com/jamieeelynn  
IP Logged

Glen conley
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kingman arizonia
Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 10:13pm

I am looking into the welding oxygen as well. This web site has been a life saver for me. I have diving equipment and believe I can rig somthing to work with the regulator.

IP Logged

PlayDoh
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 1:30am

Try Batch's vitamin regime a try if you haven't already. It works for 70% of the people who try it, that on par with Verapamil. I've been PF for around a month, while starting it half way into a bad cycle. So glad I gave it a try.

It has to be the cheapest therapy also. If you feel its unaffordable at the moment, give me a PM, I'll see about sending helping you out. I'm not working either at the moment, but I have a credit card.  Wink

This is from Batch's post;
Anti-Inflammatory Regimen Supplements

The original or "Basic" anti-inflammatory regimen I've used for over a year consists of the three supplements shown below purchased from Costco for $35 or 20 cents a day for a five-month supply.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The daily dose is two tablets/capsules of each supplement as shown below.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For the CH'ers who don't have access to Costco, I've listed the complete anti-inflammatory regimen below.  Most of these supplements are available at major supermarkets, health food stores, and over the Internet.

Omega 3 Fish Oil - 2000 to 2400 mg/day (EPA 360 mg/day, DHA 240 mg/day)
Vitamin D3 *        - 10,000 IU/day
Calcium **           - 500 mg/day (calcium citrate preferred)
Magnesium           - 400 mg/day (magnesium citrate or magnesium gluconate)
Vitamin K2 ***     - 120 mcg/day
Zinc                     - 10 mg/day
Boron                   -   1 mg/day

Full details

As strong and tough as CH's are, I AM STRONGER!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!