Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whats better? machine or tanks (Read 1301 times)
NEfigureout
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Whats better? machine or tanks
Jan 14th, 2012 at 9:41pm

i'm wondering whats better the machine or tanks...i dont have insurance so i can't afford the 400 a month for a home machine but the local health store says i can get tanks from 10 to 25 dollars.....and my other question is what works other then the injections (i can only afford pills) for pervention for episodes during the day or even at night so i can get some SLEEP!!! i stopped alot of the triggers like drinks and smoking cannibas, and cut back on cigs,  ANY other suggestions.....feel free to let me know!!!! thanks again all!!

traveling time

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Whats better? machine or tanks
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2012 at 11:59pm

Oxygen cylinders are much, much, much better. They give you 100% oxygen, whilst the machines give a lot lower percentage. You can use medical oxygen or welding oxygen.

There is a load of info about using oxygen via the link on the left.

For prevention, verapamil is the most popular preventive, with most people using between 360mg and 480mg a day, but some go up to 1000mg! Other good preventives include lithium and verapamil.

Also give the vitamin D regime a try out as lots of people are finding that this works well. Read up about it at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

For night time CHs, people have also had sucess using melatonin.

For aborting a CH, oxygen is simply amazing.

Keep reading and keep asking questions.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 10:12am

Why not just go to a welding store and get your O2?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 10:53am

What Delta said! Wink

Many on this board use welding oxygen for their CH. It comes out of the same tanks they fill the medical tanks from. Welding oxygen has to be 100% pure or the welds will fail. It's cheaper then medical 02, you just can't tell the welding place it's for human consumption or they are required by law to not give it to you.

The other suggestion I'll repeat is what we call the "Batch Regimen." Read the link in the medications section, 123 pain free days and I think I know why. A vitamin/anti inflammatory regimen you take daily, all over the counter stuff, cheap, providing a boatload of relief for many.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 3:29pm

As far as the welding tanks are concerned...I can refill my welding tank for only 26.00 and it lasts me 5 times farther than an e-tank.  I only use the e-tanks when I'm travelling. 

If you go that route, don't have a conversation with them as to what you are using it for.  It isn't necessary, but if they should ask, tell them you're into hydroponics.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 6:06pm

Machines are worthless! 

Tanks contain 100% o2 that is what we need to abort attacks! 

Your ability/choice to get your tank from a medical or welders source is only one aspect. 

Keep in mind you will also need a high flow regulator (15 lpm - 40 lpm) and lastly, a NRB-Non-Rebreather Mask.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 10:15pm

I use welder's O2.  I rent my tank from a local welding supply house for $56.00 per year and refills are around $20.00.  I bought my high flow regulator from E-Bay and a non rebreather mask set up thru the links under oxygen info on the left side of your screen.

It's a very inexpensive set-up but it works like a dream.

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2012 at 7:23am

heres an idea i got from kirk. take your o2 generator and fill up a trash bag. tanks are the way to go since an o2 generator only puts out so much but if your getting multiple hits and heavy on the o2 its not a bad idea. never tried it myself but it sounds good to me.

other than that welders o2 is perfectly fine and safe. i get mine at tractors supply. they're open when welding suppliers are closed and u can always rent the tank
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2012 at 7:26am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 7:13am

I have a farm and keep Welder's O2 handy... good for a lot of things.

Make SURE you have the right mask.. that's important..

And check out Batch's vitamin's --- they seem to be working. And are cheap and OTC.

Let us know how things are working out for you..  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 10:16pm

Quote:
tell them you're into hydroponics.

lmao...your funny Linda.
tanks are the only way to go.
the bb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!