Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Online CH description dumbs it down :-( (Read 835 times)
MichelleP12
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Online CH description dumbs it down :-(
Jan 10th, 2012 at 7:17pm

I was doing some online research for another's condition which led me to AARP's website. While there, I decided for some reason to see what they had to say about Clusters.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

1) First of all, they said Clusters are "Fairly Common." (I definitely disagree. If they are so "common" then how come we, those of us who suffer from them, don't get better treatment from doctors who actually know about them, when we go to the ER, or the A & E??????. That's because doctors DON'T know about them; don't have a clue. About the only medical professionals I've encountered who have a standard knowledge of them (besides neurologists) are dentists and dental students and chiropractors).

2) Toward the end of the article, they say "However, they are chronic and may be painful enough to interfere with work or lifestyle." (DO YA THINK????)

It's like someone wrote this while looking at an old textbook, sitting outside on a sunny day eating a Subway, without a care in the world. When are they going to interview one of us sufferers for one of these kinds of articles and REALLY get it right? I felt so upset that I had to try to calm myself down and not let the waning CH I'm dealing with flare up again! Wink  Aaah I'm late for my Topiramate again...and again...have missed the new afternoon dosage about 80% of the time. Sorry for the rant. But reading this kind of dumb-down article reminds me of the over 20 years of showing my red eye to doctor after doctor (before my diagnosis) and being told, "Aaaah, it's nothing." I'm sure all of you understand.

IP Logged

IndianaJohn
CH.com Hall of Famer

Into the jaws of the Beast

Decatur,Indiana,USA
Re: Online CH description dumbs it down :-(
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 7:39pm

MichelleP12 wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 7:17pm:
I'm sure all of you understand.

Absolutely

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 9:48pm

We've come a long way with educating the medical community...but obviously we still have a long long way to go! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Matt Miller
CH.com Junior

This too shall pass...

NW Arkansas
Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2012 at 1:29pm

Quote:
DO YA THINK????

Must just be in our head the other times then huh?

I quit reading other websites explinations of Cluster Headaches and instead send everyone here who is interested to learn more.

The Fairly Common part bugs me though...did they not do ANY research before they wrote that up??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!