Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey all! new to the forum! (Read 1542 times)
baordog
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hey all! new to the forum!
Jan 6th, 2012 at 2:49pm

Hello all!

I'm new to forum and wanted to say hi to all. I am actually not a cluster headache sufferer. I am composer writing an Opera which involves the condition.

As part of my research for the opera, I thought I would come here and say hay to all of you. If any of you would like to share your experiences with me, I'd love to hear about it.

However, I am no stranger to painful conditions myself - my mother had severe fibromyalgia for most of her life.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Hey all! new to the forum!
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 6:05pm

WOW!! An opera dealing with CH, I love it! Smiley Anything that brings more attention to this disorder is a good thing in my book. Sending positive vibes that it's a Broadway Smash!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 7:07pm

Opera this ain't   -   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  -   but it may provide food for thought.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

MichelleP12
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 12:37am

Here is another link, which I clicked on after I watched AussieBrian's posted video...Scottsdale AZ man, C sufferer, interviewed by his local ABC news channel...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

His name is correctly spelled Paul Unterhalter and he wanted the TV station to list his e-mail on its site:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

MichelleP12
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 12:38am

ps. Paul Unterholter's accent sounds Australian...interesting

IP Logged

Purple (head404)
CH.com Junior

clusterbusters.com

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 2:43am

it's a very interesting project although I'm really not into opera. Hmmm... in all these years of suffering, I would have never thought about turning the subject into music.

But for me, in order to transmit the essence of CH to the auditor, a music piece would have to have a very irregular tempo, screaming guitars and keyboards (including a Hammond organ), a drummer (rather 2) madly pounding the drums and often totally off tempo (with many cymbals... and a gong also). At times the orchestra would be pounding very tightly together progressively towards a very noisy chaos climax... the singer (again, rather 2 singers) would need a very strong voice to go through lots of intense screaming parts, the back vocals would also provide heavy breathing sounds and deep sounding moans... At times complex Free Jazz, at times hard core Heavy Metal... a sudden unexpected calm New Age part with very short peaks of Black Sabbath sound Rock or Robert Fripp experiences... The singers would then go into a crescendo of screaming, to be followed again by a total noisy multiple-tempo mix chaos from the orchestra.

That's how I hear a CH symphony, myself... It would be unbearable to hear.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!