Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doctor Form (Read 1847 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Doctor Form
Dec 29th, 2011 at 12:30pm

So as some of you may know my position got replaced due to my inability to effectively work because of my CH's.

I filed for unemployment benefits.

Unemployment office wants a from completed by my neuro.  Basic questions...how long have you been treating patient?  Diagnosis?  Is patient able to work with/out restrictions?  etc.

My neuro office wants to charge me $25 bucks to complete this form.

Is this customary of a neurologist office to charge the patient for a one page form to be checked off with yes/no and signed at the bottom?

I feel like i'm being "nickel and dimed."

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Doctor Form
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 12:54pm

LasVegas wrote on Dec 29th, 2011 at 12:30pm:
So as some of you may know my position got replaced due to my inability to effectively work because of my CH's.

I filed for unemployment benefits.

Unemployment office wants a from completed by my neuro.  Basic questions...how long have you been treating patient?  Diagnosis?  Is patient able to work with/out restrictions?  etc.

My neuro office wants to charge me $25 bucks to complete this form.

Is this customary of a neurologist office to charge the patient for a one page form to be checked off with yes/no and signed at the bottom?

I feel like i'm being "nickel and dimed."

Would you work for free?

Potter

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 1:01pm

Potter, it depends on the situation...I might, might not, depends on what efforts may be involved.

This one page form takes less than 60 seconds to complete, thus minimal effort.  I am a cash patient of $300 per visit, in/out in less than 10 minutes.

Just think i'm being "nickel and dimed" and curious what others experienced as customary or not.

Have you got an opinion, if so share it.  If not, your sarcasm doesn't make me feel any better about this.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2011 at 1:04pm by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 1:02pm

It is considered usual and customary for follow-up administrative work to be included in the price of office visits. That's one of the reasons doctors charge what seems to us as outrageous fees.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 1:08pm

LasVegas wrote on Dec 29th, 2011 at 1:01pm:
Potter, it depends on the situation...I might, might not, depends on what efforts may be involved.

This one page form takes less than 60 seconds to complete, thus minimal effort.  I am a cash patient of $300 per visit, in/out in less than 10 minutes.

Just think i'm being "nickel and dimed" and curious what others experienced as customary or not.

Have you got an opinion, if so share it.  If not, your sarcasm doesn't make me feel any better about this.

Wasn't bein sarcastic at all.  You asked.  I answered.

Potter

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 3:12pm

Thanks Brew for your concise reply.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 10:47am

Doctors also love find ways to latch on to medical insurance, especially Medicare and Medicaid.

Good luck in any event.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #7 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 12:35pm

That's about standard here in NC.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #8 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 2:10pm

Our health provider has a fee structure similar where they charge for these types of forms to be completed. I guess they figure someone has to pull the chart, read a few pages, and sign it. My other guess is the fee helps offset their rising malpractice insurance premiums. Sad

Hope the head stops banging soon LasVegas.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #9 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 2:28pm

Thanks for your reply and kind words Christy.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 2:58pm

I think my state's new slogan should be:

Wisconsin: Where everything costs more because you pay up front.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #11 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:23pm

Brew wrote on Dec 30th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
I think my state's new slogan should be:

Wisconsin: Where everything costs more because you pay up front.

Brew, I didn't know WI was that way. Back in my Chicago days I enjoyed many wonderful trips up there...Door County, Dells, Alpine Valley, Kenosha, Madison, Janesville, etc and never noticed this about WI.  Guess times have changed, right?

Las Vegas on the other hand is known as Sin City, Capital of Greed and a town that wasn't built on winners.  So i'm not surprised i'm being nickel and dimed by my local neuro office to check off 10 questions on a 1 page form and charge me $25 for 30 seconds of effort...just wanted to inquire what was customary from others.

Thanks to all who shared input.
-Gregg in Las Vegas
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:24pm by LasVegas »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:38pm

You should see our property tax bill....

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #13 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 6:52pm

I know where Potter was coming from in his response.  Bill on the other hand was also correct.  The question comes down to whether the form is being filled out as a part of a regularly scheduled visit, in which it should be a part of the service, or if it is something done on a stand-alone basis a $25 fee is reasonable. 

JMHO

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!