Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sunofa! (Read 742 times)
bsic
CH.com Junior

Sunofa!
Dec 18th, 2011 at 9:22pm

Hey everyone,

Had CH for 10 years, have been here on this forum in years past.  I got my clusters almost like clockwork from Thanksgiving weekend to around Christmas.

Last round was in 2008.  I quit smoking in Jan 2009, and have been pain (and smoke) free since then.  Ive been on Verapamil since 2008 and never stopped (240mg / day).  Well, about two months ago I had a few cigs after a huge celebration my company had.  that night, i woke up with shadows... then i dropped the smokes after that one night and havent had them since.  But... my CH cycle started again, on Dec 1.   Back with avengence I might add- getting 3-4 per night and used to only have 1-2 per night. 

Ive got my O2 and Zomig but they arent really doing much this time around- maybe preventing me from hitting KIP 9 but thats about it. 

So-- back to feeling the same miserable sense of isolation, hard for my wife to even relate, i can tell she just still doesnt get what im going through.  I cant blame her, but it just sucks.  the lack of sleep is driving me insane on top of this. 

I tell you im never picking up smokes again, may be coincidence, im guessing not.. but who knows.

Well sorry to be back after so many years just to vent.  this is the one place in the world i know people know what im dealing with.  will enjoy lurking here for at least the next few weeks Smiley

cheers
b

My hypothalamus is bigger than yours.
bsicaras  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Sunofa!
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 10:11pm

Welcome back, probably time to get back to the doc and see about upping that verap dose. It's pretty low, some go as high as 960 mg a day to get relief. If upping the dose doesn't help, you might consider adding lithium to your verapamil, it's helped some when neither on its own was helping.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Give this link a quick read, make sure you're getting the maximum benefit from your 02.

Go to the meds section, read the link "123 pain free days and i think I know why" A daily vitamin/anti inflammatory regimen that's been helping many. Really saved me last cycle when my 02 stopped working.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bsic
CH.com Junior

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 11:51am

Well great!  I read the 123 thread in detail.

And then ran to Walgreens!  Cant wait to see if this works.  Thanks for the pointer!!

My hypothalamus is bigger than yours.
bsicaras  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 2:10pm

I first started it during my last cycle when oxygen began to lose it's efectiveness. Within a day and a half of starting the original supplement....a lot less then the current regimen.....the 02 was slaying the beast again. I have remained on it since, and seemed to have skipped my fall cycle. To early to proclaim success but I have no intention of stopping it now!!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!