Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pearl Habor Day (Read 1164 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Pearl Habor Day
Dec 7th, 2011 at 9:09am

I heard something on the news today that really hit me .... most of the kids in school today don't even know what Pearl Harbor Day is or why we commerate it.

What happened to history in our schools? Back in the "old" days we had a program for "special" days in history and Pearl Harbor was certainly a special day that shouldn't be forgotten.

Off soap box...  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Re: Pearl Habor Day
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 4:38pm

BarbaraD wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 9:09am:
I heard something on the news today that really hit me .... most of the kids in school today don't even know what Pearl Harbor Day is or why we commerate it.

What happened to history in our schools? Back in the "old" days we had a program for "special" days in history and Pearl Harbor was certainly a special day that shouldn't be forgotten.

Off soap box...  Kiss

Very sad indeed

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:38pm

Quote:
What happened to history in our schools?

Haven't relied on schools to teach accurate history for a long time now.

If they're going to hear it right, they need to hear it from you.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 7:24pm

Had a trip to satisfy my 60 year old neurologist this morning. He's treated my seizures for years. He always asks me what day it is. I told him that the Dec. 7th is hard to miss. "What?" he said. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 10:10pm

Had an Uncle...Hank...68 missions in a WWII bomber...flew on D-Day. Never got to talk to him about it...but did with several others who did. Freedom aint free...and pay backs are a BITCH.

THIS day means a lot to me....the kids I meet don't always understand...but they surely, at least, hear about it....

Thanks Barb...if no-one says...no-one knows....

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:54am

Quote:
kids in school today don't even know what Pearl Harbor Day is or why we commerate it

Kind of clouds up Dec. 8th and 11th, when we declared war on Japan, then Germany and Italy declared war on us.

If they are even able to go to school, be thankful, mad minds were making the world sacrifice and pay for freedom as never before.  Executing phase three of the Tanaka Plan on Dec. 7th for creation of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere meant to eliminate any prosperity here. 

Quote:
a special day that shouldn't be forgotten.

Off soap box...

Never forgotten, Barb.  They would have taken away your soap box, and them's fighting words.   Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:55am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!