Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need some help with testosterone injections. (Read 4155 times)
RareBird
CH.com Junior

CH survivor since 1992
(13 yo then)

Egypt.
I need some help with testosterone injections.
Nov 5th, 2011 at 12:33am

Hello All,

I decided to try the testosterone therapy after having read a lot on the subject. CH is destroying my whole life and I really can't take it anymore!!!

I will go soon to test testosterone levels, but I want to know the BRAND NAMES of the injections. Every time I enquire about an injection it is used for body building! I don't think these are the right ones. I need a brand name of a proper injection that is known to actually work with CH.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: I need some help with testosterone injections.
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 8:00am

The brand name is the least reliable guide. The same drug will have many brand names as you travel around the world, sometimes dozens of names which vary from country to country.

Your doctor will Rx by the chemical name and it may be available to you from several manufactures, each with a different brand name.

And testosterone is used for a variety of medical purposes--but it's the same chemical in all cases.

If, in your country, you can obtain it without a doctor's supervision/prescription--DON'T! This is not a med you want to use without knowledge & skill.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 11:00am

Testosterone Cypionate, Propionate and Enanthate are three different types I know of from back in my bodybuilding days.  Hope this helps your knowledge factor of types of testosterone. 

As for brand names, some are certainly trusted moreso than others due to the quality control standards of the labs and the countries of origin.

But as Bob J pointed out, it is NOT a good idea to do this on your own for replacement therapy and should be prescribed and supervised by a qualified doctor.  Also in the USA, testosterone is illegal unless prescribed.

Should you decide it's something for you, see a doctor

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

cluster
CH.com Old Timer

WaterX3 - It helps!

Cologne(Europe)
Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:18pm

Rarebird,

but why testosterone? Have you tried corticosteroids, verapamil and lithium?

If you're from Egypt: Dr. Sameh M. Hakim, 15 Gamal Nooh Street, Almaza, 11341 Cairo Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, reported about his study with "Warfarin for Refractory Chronic Cluster Headache" earlier this year:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Free full text here, but free registration required:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cluster Headache News: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - German CH Site
IP Logged

RareBird
CH.com Junior

CH survivor since 1992
(13 yo then)

Egypt.
Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 7:17pm

Hello Cluster,

I just saw your post NOW!!! Long delay eh?

Thanks A LOT for the information. I'll definitely give him a visit.

IP Logged

shooky
CH.com Veteran

33 years of CH.

TLV Israel
Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 6:09am

RareBird -

How do you know you are T deficient if you haven't been tested yet?

Note: TRT has consequences. This is something you do only if you really need to. If you get borderline T values, I think you aught yourself at list a try of the D3 regimen. This might end your current cycle and also improve your T levels, if theres a need to.

WWW https://www.facebook.com/shooky.galili  
IP Logged

RareBird
CH.com Junior

CH survivor since 1992
(13 yo then)

Egypt.
Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 1:02pm

Thanks a lot Shooky.

I have already been tested for free testosterone last year, and the numbers were below average. I decided, however, not to go for this option.

Fortunately Sumatriptan is my life savior. I'll rely on it till the end of this cycle. I am halfway through already. I got to crush the tablets and snort them "one 100 mgm tablet / bout" to abort it though, because my stupid country ceased importing the injection, which worked really fine with me in the past! I have five oxygen tanks at home, but AMAZINGLY this very cycle O2 has almost no effect on! Even though it used to work effectively on the onset in the past!

Just depressed and 'fed up' though. That I cannot help. I am sure you understand.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 9:58am

I have been a testosterone user for over 10 years due to an unrelated condition. Brand doesn't matter, but type of T might. Generally there are three types available, testosterone cypionate, propionate, or enanthate. Either one should work fine to raise your T levels (anything else you come across is probably anabolic steroids, not what you want). The other main difference is the inert carrier oil used to suspend the T. Some brands use cottonseed oil, others use sesame. That part only matters if you're allergic to one or the other.

What's more important than type of T is how often you are tested for levels of T. At first, it helps to get tested frequently in order to get you in the target range. After that, it's simply a matter of maintaining that dose unless your medical situation changes. An endocrinologist is probably better at this process than your average PCP.

*edited to add propionate to the list
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:44am by AppleNutClusters »  
jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 11:44am

[quote author=363B2E332930245C0 link=1320467594/7#7 date=1352818704] Generally there are three types available, testosterone cypionate, propionate, or enanthate.

Might have different intentional use, but these 3 are all anabolics, just fyi.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 5:50pm

Yes, you are correct Gregg. But I was trying to use a term that most people would associate with "bad" steroids... aka the illegal, diverted kinds of T used by bodybuilders. Basically the unmonitored stuff one won't encounter if seeing a legitimate doctor. Hope that helps clarify.

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!