Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
15 liters o2 (Read 1155 times)
GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
15 liters o2
Sep 19th, 2011 at 4:12pm

I spoke with the distributor and he said medical oxygen doesn't come any higher than 15 liters.  My headaches seem to be tapering off with the use of O2 and Imitrex injections and the doct seems to think I'm a March to October episodic person.  God I can only hope as Oct is fast approaching, right?  I figure my best bet is to stock pile my monthly allowance of 6 injections a month until March rolls around again.  Maybe then they will last until next Oct.  I plan on ordering the special mask as soon as I have the funds to which is any day now, but I don't guess I can increase the flow on the tanks they've given me.  The knob only goes to 15.  Any suggestions?  Thanks you guys, GG Wink

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H. S. T.  Shocked
WWW GennaG https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832897987 lively_goddess  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: 15 liters o2
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 4:38pm

Buy a high-flow regulator on e-bay.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

ClosetCHer
CH.com Junior

United States
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:24pm

Your distributor is lost in the sauce. The medical regulator on my empty e tank is 25lpm. Find a 25lpm regulator on ebay or search google shopping, some good prices there too.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:28pm

Or buy a welding regulator from harborfreight.com.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 8:24am

I once had a nurse argue with me about that. She said "they" don't make regulators higher than 15lpm. My E tank with the 25lpm regulator was ten feet away. I offered to show it to her to prove "they" did make high flow regulators. She declined. Some would rather believe what they believe and not let facts get in the way. "They" do make such regulators, although your supplier may not carry them. Ebay, or internet search. You'll find one and be glad you did. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 9:07am

Yeah what they should say is we don't carry them or I don't know if one exists but its too hard for people in the medical profession to admit they don't know something.  I've got one in my shopping cart from the distributor so that when i get paid i can snag it.  Thanks guys.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H. S. T.  Shocked
WWW GennaG https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832897987 lively_goddess  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:24pm

Welding regulator will work just fine.  You don't need 15 lpm or 25 lpm, etc, a number is a #; what counts is the flow rate ther regulator distributes o2 is fast enough so you can hyperventilate. 

Get a welders regulator and adjust the flow as high as you feel the need.  You will not be limited on the flow rate by a welders regulator.

Just make sure the regulator fits your tank and has a barb fitting for the o2 line leading to your non-rebreather mask.

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!