Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gelsemium (Read 1208 times)
rickinyorkshire
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Gelsemium
Sep 10th, 2011 at 5:32am

Hello,

I've been a sufferer for a few years now and my most recent cycle started about 3-4 weeks ago after nearly 18 months without them. I have tried all the painkillers imaginable to no effect. My doc is useless, he just says to keep taking PK.

My g/f called in Boots yesterday and asked the pharmacy about any herbal remedies..and to our surprise they had documentation on a lot that are aimed primarily towards cluster headaches. One of which I'm using now, called Gelsemium. They are like little crystals you suck/chew. After starting these yesterday tea time I've not had an attack. I know it's only a brief amount of time but to me it's amazing as i'd be having 2 - 3 a day with 1 definite every morning about 6am.

Just thought I'd share this for anyone else to maybe try.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Re: Gelsemium
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 7:25am

Quote:
Gelsemium is a genus of flowering plants belonging to family Gelsemiaceae. The genus contains three species of shrubs to straggling or twining climbers. Two species are native to North America, and one to China and Southeast Asia.

Carolus Linnaeus first classified G. sempervirens as Bignonia sempervirens in 1753; Antoine Laurent de Jussieu renamed the genus in 1789. Gelsemium is a Latinized form of the Italian word for jasmine, gelsomino.

All three species of this genus are poisonous. Gelsemium has been shown to contain methoxyindoles.[1]

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

matt25holland
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Gelsemium
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 2:53pm

never tried these personally, but i know there are homeopathic remedies that contain gelsemium

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!