Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Injections & Stomach problems (Read 3002 times)
GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Injections & Stomach problems
Sep 9th, 2011 at 4:13pm

Hey guys, well I've had two injections of Sumatriptan so far and wow... this is really messing with my stomach.  Within seconds it feels like it literally locks down and then the nausea comes in waves for another 30-45 minutes.  It ain't as bad as a cluster puppy but it's not fun either.  All in all I prefer the O2, and that may be my best option as I don't get but  few of these anyway.  I read the info on making the preset shots last longer.  I'll try it, but I'm not sure about it because I had to have someone come over and help me with the directions from the box.  And that had photos.  I don't know if its the headaches or if I'm getting prematurely senile but these days I just cant seem to understand directions.  Makes me feel like an idiot and I'm really not more idiotic that the average person.  I swear.  LOL  Of course the advantage of the injection is it can be taken on the move unlike the O2 or other options the doc listed.  However, being on the move is not very fun when that wave of nausea comes.  I felt like I was on a boat today... and it wasn't a pleasure ship.  GG
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2011 at 4:13pm by GennaG »  

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H. S. T.  Shocked
WWW GennaG https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832897987 lively_goddess  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Injections & Stomach problems
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:06pm

You saw your Doc. yesterday and you're already set up with Oxygen and injections?  That's unbelievable.  Good luck.

Potter

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:21pm

If you can figure out how to make it into 3rds or even 2nds it may not make you sick. So how did the 02 work for you?  Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:35pm

Hi Genna,

Well that sounds like a good plan to get someone to come over and help you with the instructions - you shouldn't feel bad or dumb, hey sometimes whether it's the CH or the PTSD or whatever we go through phases where the brain just won't cooperate at some levels.

There are some CH'ers who swear by their E tanks when they're on the go BTW. Take Giuseppi for instance who used to bring his E tank out with him while he was on patrol as a sheriff!  Shocked

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 7:01pm

Jimi wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:21pm:
If you can figure out how to make it into 3rds or even 2nds it may not make you sick. So how did the 02 work for you?  Smiley

O2 is great.  10 minutes and the pain is improved dramatically.  It's just the issue of sticking around the tank all day or else I'd probably use nothing else.  I'm looking into getting one of the optimasks to see how much that will improve the affects.  I saw people suggesting 20liters over what I got which is 15 but the distributor here says that is the best he's got which is why the doc wrote it that way.  He also tells me he delivers to another cluster buddy somewhere around here.  So he knew what I was talking about when they told him I needed it to treat clusters.  Thanks for the support, GG

IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 7:08pm

bejeeber wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:35pm:
Hi Genna,

Well that sounds like a good plan to get someone to come over and help you with the instructions - you shouldn't feel bad or dumb, hey sometimes whether it's the CH or the PTSD or whatever we go through phases where the brain just won't cooperate at some levels.

There are some CH'ers who swear by their E tanks when they're on the go BTW. Take Giuseppi for instance who used to bring his E tank out with him while he was on patrol as a sheriff!  Shocked

Really?  That's wild.  I guess I'm new at this.  I am embarrassed by the whole thing.  I feel as cool with my little green mask as a zombie apocalypse survivor from resident evil.  That's the first thing I said to the o2 guy... I popped on my mask and said how sexy am I now?    Huh  But it does have wheels... maybe more mobile if I drove instead of riding the short bus/mobility van. LOL  Alright, I'll have to work on setting aside vanity in favor of pain-free mobility.  Ya'll bear with me I'm a newbie.  Someone's gotta point this stuff out to me.  Roll Eyes Wink GG

IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 7:13pm

Potter wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 5:06pm:
You saw your Doc. yesterday and you're already set up with Oxygen and injections?  That's unbelievable.  Good luck.

Potter

Yuppers.  Apparently this doc's got more than two brain cells to rub together and is very compassionate.  I got lucky, especially after the last jerk.  Guess that is what happens when you get their name off this site verses rolling the dice.  GG

IP Logged

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:33pm

How many ml did you inject?  The full vial is typically more than we need.  I can cover it with 2.5ml, about 1/2 the vial. 

I am an imitrex addict.  Travel often and am out and about a lot.  I always keep my jabbys with me. 
I just like the convenience, even though it does end up messing you up a bit with rebounds. 

The imitrex is in addition to whatever preventative I am on at the time, of course.  It is my last line of defense.

I use o2 when convenient.

Rock beats Scissors.

IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 10:13pm

Lobster wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:33pm:
How many ml did you inject?  The full vial is typically more than we need.  I can cover it with 2.5ml, about 1/2 the vial. 

Before today, I had only taken two in two days but I used the whole injection of 6mg.  But I just did half of one as suggested.  Some of the liquid came back out of my leg.  Hope that isn't an issue because I can't make it go back in.  Don't feel any nausea though and I'm still in just the beginning phase of an oncoming headache.  Hopefully it won't go all out on me.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2011 at 10:14pm by GennaG »  

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 10:32pm

You may find it more manageable to inject in the abdomen instead of the leg - I know I and several others here sure do.

If you pinch a bit of skin/fat to the side of the navel, you'll have  pretty darn easy to get at, practically painless injection spot, which unless you're sporting 6 pack abs will probably be less likely to shoot any imitrex back out.  Smiley Plus there's the advantage of being able to contemplate your navel while injecting.  Cheesy

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 10:42pm

bejeeber wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 10:32pm:
You may find it more manageable to inject in the abdomen instead of the leg - I know I and several others here sure do.

If you pinch a bit of skin/fat to the side of the navel, you'll have  pretty darn easy to get at, practically painless injection spot, which unless you're sporting 6 pack abs will probably be less likely to shoot any imitrex back out.  Smiley Plus there's the advantage of being able to contemplate your navel while injecting.  Cheesy

I much rather contemplate my navel than my belly fat.  Grin LOL  Will try that next time.  GG

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 11:23pm

I inject myself with a different medication twice a week, and I inject exclusively in my belly fat. Never inject closer than 2 inches to the navel.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!