Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I love red bull (Read 3932 times)
GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
I love red bull
Sep 3rd, 2011 at 8:11pm

I finally got out and hit the store today and got some sugar free red bull.  Drank it 30 minutes before 2pm headache and got to skip that one.  I just can't see paying $10 a day to cover every headache.  Believe me I'd pay... I'd just have to stop buying groceries or paying my lightbill.  LOL  So I ordered taurine online from vitacost and I always have coffee.  It's much less expensive than the designer version and I just don't have a designer label budget.  I'll let you know how that works for me.  In the meantime, I love red bull!   Smiley GG

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H. S. T.  Shocked
WWW GennaG https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832897987 lively_goddess  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: I love red bull
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 8:16pm

At Aldi - Red Thunder, a Red Bull knock-off. Usually around a buck a can. Same stuff in it.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 8:26pm

RedBull worked for me this morning, aborting a Kip2--3 and sticking my face in front of my Vornado fan on full speed.

Target has 4 packs available for $5 bucks

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 8:30pm

Good for you, I've never had much luck with the Red Bull route, seemed to lessen them a bit, but that's it.

Has your Neuro gotten you on High flow Oxygen??? If your able get to a competent Neurologist and ask for it.  Works like a charm for me and many others, it can be applied to insurance , or, if uninsured, it still can be had at a reasonable price , with the proper equipment and distributors... Just a thought.

All the best,

Baer

Barry Baer  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 10:08pm

...for me...I figure I already pay for advertising with my time and aggravation....but I'm cheap...and they can't have my money too....Red Bull can have the first two...not the last.

...energy drinks taste awful (except NOS Tropical Punch)...but I don't drink for flavor...I drink for effect.

...the most I ever pay for a 16 oz can is $1.19...lately I've found a discount grocery store with cans of Relentless for $0.33/ea...the joy is in the hunt for the bullet.

...always read the label...1000mg taurine/serving...at least 100 mg caffeine (200+ better for me)...(sugar may help, maybe carbonation too) but the first two and you're golden...

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 1:08am

Hi GG,

Not really sure about a Taurine supplement and then drink with coffee, believe this was discussed in the past and the consensus was that the Taurine supplement would not take effect as quickly as something like RedBull or another energy drink with at least 1000 MG of Taurine and at least 85+MG of caffeine, equivalent to a cup of coffee. 

The energy drink is slammed fast at the onset of a HA to hopefully reduce the pain level and many of us are lucky enough to abort the attack. 

Because the Taurine/Caffeine are concentrated within the drink, it digests fastest.  Timing is everything, this is why the supplement is not as commonly used among us. Kinda like the Imitrex pills take too long for most of us to abort an attack.  But if you ordered it, try it.

Check out the thread I started last week on this medications, treatments, therapies board titled "Taurine/Caffeine Energy Drinks" as there is some interesting info about a few specific energy drinks.

O2 is best!

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 9:32pm

Yeah, I plan on switching to O2 when I see the doc this week, but that's not until thursday and I don't know if I am gonna walk out of his office with it since its my first appt.  I didn't think about digestive time being a factor in buying the supplements.  I chug the energy drinks too because I really dislike the flavor.  But like someone said, its not the taste its the effect.  Obviously, if I can get o2 I will.  In the meantime if the RB keeps the ER away... I'll try it.  Prevention sounds ideal over dealing with it on the fly, but I haven't had much luck with that yet... GG
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2011 at 9:33pm by GennaG »  

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H. S. T.  Shocked
WWW GennaG https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832897987 lively_goddess  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 9:46pm

Don't ask for the o2, demand it!  Bring with you some printout info from the o2 tab on the left side of your screen.  Any ?'s, ask us!

Beside RedBull/energy drinks; you may want to take a look at the thread under medications, treatments, therapies titled "123 days..." this natural regimen has helped many.

PF wishes to you

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 10:18am

I use bing energy drink. It is bing cherry flavor, much better than red bull, still expensive tho'...

IP Logged

matt25holland
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 12:19pm

is there a special caffeine/taurine ratio that would be best, or changes on every brand?

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 9:03pm

Had a business appointment yesterday with the Red Bull distributor here in Las Vegas, completely unrelated to my recent use of RedBulls for CH's.

I asked who has the best retail prices and was told Costco or Sams Club, where the average price for 8 ounce cans are $1.41 which if bought in bulk is an excellent price compared to the 7-11 type convenience stores.

Many have complained of the price of RedBull and other brand name energy drinks, but if you compare to the cost of Imitrex it is extremely inexpensive.

RedBull has aborted 7 out of 9 attacks i've experienced in the past few weeks.  Obviously this will not abort for everybody and absolutely must slam it fast, as soon as one feels the claws of the beast.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 11:03pm

Yup...I buy mine by the case from Costco.

IP Logged

webgopher
CH.com Junior

I may get older, but I
refuse to grow up.

x0|Lafayette|USA||0|0|IN,Indiana
Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 11:07pm

Monster Energy Hitman shots were my choice of relief when the eye-twitch started. Monster no longer offers it, but when I talked to customer service, they suggested a new product they were bringing out called Worx Energy - available only at Walgreens so far.
You can still find Hitman on eBay.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!