Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Welders O2 ?'s (Read 7407 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: Welders O2 ?'s
Reply #25 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 11:40am

makes sense, thanks

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #26 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 11:43am

You've been here almost 3,000 days.  When are you gonna actually do something about getting oxygen?

Potter

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #27 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 11:47am

Potter wrote on Sep 4th, 2011 at 11:43am:
You've been here almost 3,000 days.  When are you gonna actually do something about getting oxygen?

Potter

Potter i've used o2 in 2004 and 2005 when I had insurance, thanks for reminding me i've been a member since 1999 Wink

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #28 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 10:23pm

As for the tanks... oxygen is an efficient oxidizer... yup. Therefore all cleanliness standards for all oxygen are the same. The O2 is the same.
I personally use medical stuff, but didn't always. Took pleading poverty with no insurance to get my current deal.
I purchased all my own equipment back in the early 80's. This has always been a valuable bargaining chip when trying to get out of rental costs.
As of this writing - I just bought new regulators on Amazon for around the $15-$30 range, supply my own masks, and now pay $25 for an M fill (122 cu. ft.), no tank rental, delivered. It can be done.
Tanks are also not a bad one time investment. BUT, unless you buy from a medical supplier willing to always fill your tank for a reasonable price (and hope you never move)... this is what I found. You MUST buy "industrial" tanks for O2. No medical company will fill someone else's tanks, and welding supply companies will not touch medical tanks. With that said, a NEW 122 cu.ft. or 150 cu. ft. tank can be had for $300-$350 range. You can blow that on rent in 6 months. Call around in your area to see who will fill what for you... BEFORE you buy a tank. Of course, if calling a medical place... you have a prescription, and when calling a welding place... you are a welder.
If I hadn't already done all this, I would lie, cheat, steal to get it done... for the relief it gives! Just do it!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #29 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 10:41pm

Excellent post Nolan! Smiley Smiley

I admire people who grab that bull by the horns and wrestle it themselves! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!