Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More Imitrex Math (Read 3396 times)
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus

More Imitrex Math
Aug 18th, 2011 at 8:41am

I tend to dig for ways to make the cost of Imitrex injections as close to zero as possible. 
For this entire episode I have been successfully aborting using a form of bulk sumatriptan (in the form of Suminat Nasal) cut with saline, at a cost of about $0.50 per abort / $1.00 per vial.

Cost is always a factor for us.  I have aborted with Imitrex 57 times since 6/29.  At $80 a vial / $40 a dose I would be down over $2k right now. 

So... mildly related to all that... I requested a price on bulk sumatriptan succinate from an offshore chemical house.

The good news is the price would work out to a hair under 1 cent per vial.  The bad news is the quote was for 100kgs, enough for 16,000,000 vials  Shocked, at $150,000. 

Start passing the hat.   Grin

Rock beats Scissors.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: More Imitrex Math
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 8:47am

No problem, got it covered.  Undecided

IP Logged

NotH20
CH.com Hall of Famer

x0|Atlanta||usa|421|220|GA,Georgia
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 8:47am

One thing I do is ask my neuro to give me a Rx for THREE with refills.  The pharmacy runs it through the insurance and I get three boxes of shots for the same copay instead of just one box.   

The little things sure help when we are forking out LOTS of money on medication. 

Mia

NotH20  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 6:59pm

How much does Imitrex inj typically cost, without insurance?

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 7:53pm

The last time I checked it was $210.00 for the two pack shot kit and that was a few years ago.   

If you are talking the Sumavel dose air injectors last time I took note it was aprox. $135.00 per single dose of 6mg.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:57am

And in New Zealand, NZ$3 for a prescription (about US$2.60).

There are sometimes benefits to our health system.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 9:37pm

Lobster wrote on Aug 18th, 2011 at 8:41am:
For this entire episode I have been successfully aborting using a form of bulk sumatriptan (in the form of Suminat Nasal) cut with saline, at a cost of about $0.50 per abort / $1.00 per vial.

WOW.  Shocked Shocked

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 9:50pm

bejeeber wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 at 9:37pm:
Lobster wrote on Aug 18th, 2011 at 8:41am:

WOW.  Shocked Shocked

I am exactly 121 injections into this cycle, with the latter 110 or so of them being this solution. 
That works out to about $5k saved. 
I have it down to a science now. 

Unlimited injections.  Really takes a load off my mind. 

Rock beats Scissors.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!