Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Indural L.A. (Read 921 times)
godsjoy777
CH.com Veteran

HIS name is above clusters

x0|Grand Prairie, TX|USA||0|0|
Indural L.A.
Aug 10th, 2011 at 1:35pm

I am hoping someone has had a decent experience with this med.  Being a Cluster sufferer for more tha 20 years I am aware that many meds don't work...Anyone with a positive story on this med?  I have waited way too long for the Sansert to arrive from outside the USA and have asked for a preventative in the meantime from my Neuro.  He just prescribed this stuff....Indural L.A.  I like the $10 co-pay anyway.....By the way I tried Verapamin several years ago and all it did was extend my cycle out for 9 months and since I "normally" have low blood pressure, it made me extremely sluggish and lowered my BP too much.  I realise this might make me a little sleepy too but I'll take it at night.....Like I said until the Sansert gets here....By the way I have not tried the Sansert yet either, but my Neuro really believes in it....so much so that I have to search all around the world to find it since it is no longer produced in th USA....So my question is .....Any positive comments about either Indural L.A or Sansert?????

Blessings,
Karen

godsjoy777  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Indural L.A.
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 1:43pm

Why don't you get your Sansert made by a compounding pharmacy in your own back yard? It's still perfectly legal to prescribe. It's just that Sandoz decided it was less than a money maker here in the US.

Have the doc write it as Methysergide Maleate 2mg x the number of times he wants you to take it per day.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

godsjoy777
CH.com Veteran

HIS name is above clusters

x0|Grand Prairie, TX|USA||0|0|
Re: Indural L.A.
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:13pm

Good idea....but I have already ordered it and paid a pretty penny....Plus I had to send the original Rx to the Canadian Pharmacy....My Neuro's office is acting kind of pissy these days as I have had to have them rewrite some Medical Necessity letters for flying etc....I will try this and wait a little while longer for the Sansert....but it is a good thig to remember.  Thanks....
Blessings,
Karen

godsjoy777  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!