Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
botox (Read 803 times)
monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
botox
Aug 7th, 2011 at 4:35pm

well i tried botox now that the va carrries it , my dr says its worth a try.
i actually got some relief from shadows and hits were shorter and lower kip scale. this was 2 months ago, well it wore of i guess i have been getting hit with 7&8's and my scariest one a true 10. my wife said i was trying too pull at my eye. an er dr gave me everything my  plus 3 doses of ativan,benedryl and after 2 hours i am still here so the beast lost but my head was really scrambled but thats not far from normal for me Cheesy

Karl

"God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick."

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: botox
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:57pm

There is remarkably little medical literature on the use of botox with Cluster and the few articles report modest results. Given the meds (below) which have good track records, I'd suggest you start with them.

Your message is a bit unclear on what meds you are regularly using for Cluster.

Suggest you print out the PDF file, below, and use is as a discussion tool with your doc about treatment.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (144 KB | 27 )

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 11:12pm

hi bob
i go by monster but its me  (on my knees) i use o2 25 lpm on a demand and very little trex and the usual chronics cocktail , and mocha monsters and lots ice packs  botox is just another tool in the box

Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick."

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 11:18pm

loved the pdf file bob
most i knew but there was some surpising results  (good info) thanx Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!