Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Episode duration? (Read 407 times)
wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Episode duration?
Jul 28th, 2011 at 8:53am

Just curious. Classically, a CH is characterized by a set of symptoms and conditions which include sharp ipsilateral superorbital pain lasting typically 15-180 minutes. This has been my experience for over 35 years now, but lately I've noticed more people posting that they have attacks lasting 8, 10 or more hours...one recently that they have been experiencing a 2 day event. So I am wondering what's going on? Do we need to adjust our understanding of duration, or is this a misdiagnosis of a different headache experience?  What do all ya'll think? Blessings. lance

IP Logged

JHK07
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: Episode duration?
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:41am

My first "event"   lasted 4 days.   I barely remember it, eventhough it was only about 8 years ago.   I was totally out of it.  And I know it had something to do with my head because afterwards I had a cat scan.   

Since that point in time clusters last 15- 180 minutes.   

The "event"  and then clusters my be a coincidence....    I don't think so.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!