Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
have O2...need McGyver (Read 1226 times)
zenchow
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bella Vista, AR USA
have O2...need McGyver
Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:40pm

got the O2 script but all the supply place had was an E Tank,
a 5 lpm regulator, and a cannula.

I will start ordering the stuff I need but can any of this be rigged to work for me in anyway in the short term

Thank you in advance for all the genius ideas that I know you guys will come up with Wink

IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Re: have O2...need McGyver
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:07pm

honestly no,,i mean you can use the e-tank but its not gonna last very long,,5 lpm is gonna be a waste of time in my oppinion and the canula is even worse,,get the mask off this site and a high flow regulator at the very least but you should try and get a larger tank to go with the e-tank

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:36pm

Do NOT try this at home kids, I hesitate to even post this it sounds so absurd......but you did say MacGiver time. Tape a 55 gallon trash bag around the supply end of your e-tank. no regulator, just over the opening. Tape it up air tight.

Poke a small hole anywhere on the other side of the bag and tape a toilet paper cardboard roll or a paper towel cardboard roll into THAT hole airtight. Remove ALL of the air out of the bag so it's flat like a balloon.

An attack starts, put your hand over the end of your paper towel or toilet paper roller.....carefully open the valve on your E-Tank...careful because that air will come out fast...2400 pounds worth fast, but if you open it slowly you will be fine, and partially fill the bag with 100% 02 from the E-Tank. Close valve. Put mouth over roll and take a deep breath, remove mouth, exhale, repeat. As bag deflates, slowly open valve again to keep bag full. This is an incredibly crude non re breather set up. If you follow the directions, you will still be getting 100% 02 to your lungs at a rate to support hyper ventilation.

Then get a high flow regulator off E-Bay, a decent non re breather mask, and bigger tanks. Wishing you pain free time.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:40pm

Joe, that's just awesome!

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:25pm

But some folks swear by 8 LPM.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:33pm

I swear by 25 lpm.

But I'll take 8 lpm over 0 lpm any day. It can be done if one catches it early, focuses, and remains calm.

I do like the hillbilly non-rebreather, though. It's what I'd do before I accepted 8 lpm.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:56pm

That's true, Jimni said in the old days he could abort at 8 LPM. As with everything else about this damned condition, what works like a charm for one seems worthless for another. It's why we always preach, no matter how well your current regimen is working, have a plan B and a plan C in reserve just in case! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:38am

I swear!

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!