Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: MEDICATION $ ASSISTANCE: 12 sources (Read 3485 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: MEDICATION $ ASSISTANCE: 12 sources
Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:51pm

Thanks BobJ, this info will hopefully prove helpful to those of us who suffer from CH's and have no health insurance.

Has anybody here found any of these sources of assistance for CH's?  If so, which source?

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

GennaG
CH.com Junior

Bring on the Oxygen!

Asheville, NC
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:43pm

I just researched all these sites and either they don't have the injections only the pills which don't work for me or I don't qualify.   Cry  I emailed a few of them asking for assistance anyway or a idea of the right direction to go for this problem. I'll report back if I hear from any of them.  GG Wink

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H. S. T.  Shocked
WWW GennaG https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832897987 lively_goddess  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:49pm

I also tried, with no luck for assistance Embarrassed

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Re: MEDICATION $ ASSISTANCE: 12 sources=UPDATE
Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 10:11am

I thought I would just say that I used RX outreach. They don't have the imitrex injections (so unfortunate) but will give a 3 month supply of sumatriptan tabs for $35.00. They also have our standards like verapamil & depakote. You have to be under a certain income level, but it's not too low & no assets are asked for. Application was easy. My doctor wrote me the script for 27 tablets & I sent the check. I'm waiting to see what they will send me. I hope they don't consider the 27 tabs as a 3 month supply though. I'll post again when I get the package.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 11:03am

Quote:
I hope they don't consider the 27 tabs as a 3 month supply though.

Most insurance companies I've encountered consider 9 tabs per month an entire month's supply. Which is why you should stockpile any abortives during the times when you don't need them.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Clusterfeck
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kansas City
Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 4:09pm

Be careful stockpiling.  Back when I had insurance and a neuro, they put in my notes how many samples they had given me for stockpiling.  The insurance company took it upon themselves to decide that my CH was much worse than what my application stated.  Long story short, I am ineligible for health insurance and cannot afford a neuro)now due to CH, and they pulled back all claim dollars spent for my CH.  I felt that I was doing them and myself a favor using samples, and not claiming hundreds of dollars that trex cost.

IP Logged

Clusterfeck
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kansas City
Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 4:11pm

I forgot to mention that I had to pay for the claims dollars the insurance company took back from the Provider. OK.  I'm done now.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 4:47pm

Clusterfeck, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "they pulled back all claim dollars spent for my CH".  Could you possibly clarify this?  Not following you at all.  And I do want to know, because I'm also stockpiling here.  Thanks.

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

snookarosis
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

texas
Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:59am

Sorry I am 'off-topic" here, but I have to take a pause to reach out and say that (my experience with meds here) you guys (you know who you are) are the kindest, most generous bunch of people that I have never met....I will always remember the support I have had here Smiley

IP Logged

Clusterfeck
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kansas City
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 2:16am

ANC My policy had been effect for about 2 years, and for some reason Humana decided to take a closer look at my insurance application.  My PCP and Neuro were keeping me in samples of injections, and they were the ones who recommended stock piling.  It was in my record as to how many samples they were giving me, and how frequently.  When Humana was doing their audit thing they determined that since I was getting so many samples I must have minimized the severity of the condition on my application.  They said that if they had known the severity 2 yrs ago, the never would issued the policy.End result was they excluded my coverage for CH retroactively 2 yrs, pulled back the claim dollars spent on CH from the docs, who then in turn my doc made me pay back the claim dollars that had been taken from them by Humana.  Big, ugly mess.  Did that help?  Now I am uninsured and ineligible for any private health coverage.  Automatic decline with my pre-x of CH.

~Jill

IP Logged

John B
CH.com Alumnus

Phoenix, AZ USA
Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 7:59am

President Obama and the Affordable Care Act have done all CH sufferers one good turn, regardless of your politics and the flaws in the Act. No more denials for pre-existing conditions Smiley

But, and it is a big but, they can still charge us a ton and use high deductible and coinsurance dollars. If you don't have really good group coverage, you will still pay tens of thousands a year for treatment and meds. Hopefully that will change, too.

IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:37pm

Thats right about the pre existing conditions. Every state is offering a "bridge plan" which I am using. I pay about 420.00 a month & all my doctor had to do was submit a letter stating that he has been treating me for cluster headaches for me to get the policy. All of my headache related meds & appts were covered right away. I don't know what will happen after 2014 though. I guess we'll see soon enough!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!