Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pizotifen (Read 1844 times)
R33_Ian
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

midlands, uk
Pizotifen
May 3rd, 2011 at 8:09am

Anyone have experience with Pizotifen?

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Pizotifen
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2011 at 10:32am

The major medical library in the US has no mention later than 2002 and the few earlier articles has little to say of worth.

My interpretation then is: it was run on some trials but didn't emerge as an important med for Cluster.

I may have sent this one to you--but latest evaluation of meds for Cluster, PDF file below.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (96 KB | 16 )

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

R33_Ian
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

midlands, uk
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 12:50pm

It says for preventative treatment of migraine and cluster headaches on the leaflet...Doesn't work!

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:28pm

It's entirely usual to have to try more than one med to find success. Our lives in this group are full of "try and change."

Patience is survival with this one....

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

R33_Ian
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

midlands, uk
Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:31pm

Indeed! Both my GP and neurologist want to try the 'less risky' meds first so I think this may be a long ride.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 5:14pm

Less risk of them working or less risk of side effects?

I'd consider the potential risk from not having a preventive to be much greater for most people than the side effects of most effective preventives.

Do they really understand the pain of a CH? If they did, I doubt they would take the approach they are doing.

IP Logged

R33_Ian
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

midlands, uk
Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 1:49pm

Exactly Mike! I think it's less risk of getting themselves in trouble if anything went wrong. Covering ones arse you might say!

What makes it worse the last doctor changed my prescription from nasal sprays to tablets because of the expense. Half an hour extra agony for me each time but it's ok cos I know I've saved the NHS a few quid. THANKS!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!