Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Could the cycle be over? (Read 1506 times)
Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Could the cycle be over?
Apr 21st, 2011 at 10:23am

I've been in a cycle for about 11 months. About 2 weeks ago I started a pred taper.  As usual on the prednisone, the HA's went a way at 60mg but started to return as soon as I hit 40mg.  I continued the taper down, and am done now. About 3 days before I was done though, the headaches stopped, and I am going on my 4th day pain free.

I wonder if this is just prednisone built up or if they are actually gone.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Could the cycle be over?
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 10:30am

It may have broken the cycle or it may have just been time for it to be over for you.  It also may be that they will come back... I hope not.  Only time will tell.....  Enjoy your PF times and my fingers are crossed for you!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 9:20am

How long do your cycles normally run? 

Congrats on your PF time and enjoy it!

Smileymel
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2011 at 9:22am by Melissa »  

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 9:42am

The last 2 cycles lastned NEARLY a year each, this one is coming close that.  After 5 days of no headaches, I got one last night, hoping it was a blip Smiley

IP Logged

Nate_Q
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 12:03am

I don't know anything about the medication,but I do know about the headaches going away....somewhat. I started having these headaches when I was about 20.I'm 37 now.Years ago I had a 6 month stretch pain free.More recently : I stopped getting them some time around March or April of last year.I thought I was finally free of them.Until 5 or 6 weeks ago.I got a mild one one day.A week or so later I got another one. Within a few days I was right back to full blown attacks on a daily basis.I don't want to discourage you but as for me,I will never let my guard down again.It was an awesome year though being pain free.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 9:00am

Nate, your experience is a somewhat common one. It seems for many of us, as we age, the remissions get longer, and so do the cycles! Your advice is spot on, and something we regularly preach here:

I don't want to discourage you but as for me,I will never let my guard down again.It was an awesome year though being pain free.

Or as I say, enjoy your pain free time, ALWAYS  be ready to do battle. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!