Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CH precursors? (Read 8993 times)
erk
CH.com Junior

bunker hill , west virginia
Re: CH precursors?
Reply #25 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:27pm

Does anyone else notice they are more likely to get hit after a real stressfull day?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #26 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:37pm

Stress is a "one or the other" trigger around here. For some, like me, sustained periods of stress will bring on an attack. For others, as soon as they relax from a stressful day, THEN they get hit! Called the "let down hit."

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #27 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 7:47am

Guiseppi wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:37pm:
Stress is a "one or the other" trigger around here. For some, like me, sustained periods of stress will bring on an attack. For others, as soon as they relax from a stressful day, THEN they get hit! Called the "let down hit."Joe

I guess I'm one of the really lucky one's who get both! I can't stress out physically or emotionally, and I can't lie down to relax. I'm down, then I'm up pacing; then sorta reclining then up and walking. It's a litte schizoid.  Cheesy lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #28 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 8:13am

It's a litte schizoid.   lance

Hmm...fits you Lance! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #29 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 1:06pm

Guiseppi wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:37pm:
Stress is a "one or the other" trigger around here. For some, like me, sustained periods of stress will bring on an attack. For others, as soon as they relax from a stressful day, THEN they get hit! Called the "let down hit."

I'm certainly one who gets more hits when stress comes off, this could be a weekend or when I get home from work. Looking at my CH diary I can see I get over 4 times as many hits on a Friday night as on a Tuesday (it's almost may day off from CHs).

IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #30 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 6:40am

Stress seems to aggrevate my CH.

Going through a lot between work, family, friends and go figure CH join in the mix.

CH seem less often on the weekend for me than, a monday or Tuesday.

IP Logged

Cupper
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Seagrove Beach FL
Reply #31 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 10:01pm

I get a light thumping blood pressure type feeling behind my left eye temple area. After that it's into my upper jaw to top of left side of my head. Also kinda notice a tingle in my nasal cavity. And then it's on. Unfortunately Undecided

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #32 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 7:53pm

I get pressure on the bridge of my nose. if that happens i know its coming.

IP Logged

Cluster schmuck
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Yelm, Washington
Reply #33 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 12:06am

I know a cycle is starting up when I get a kip 3-4 after a beer or alcoholic drink. This may go on for a couple of weeks. I only get one after drinking, until they intensify to a kip 8. After a kip 8 hit, I quit drinking. I might go another week with no hits Then BAM!! Get one everyday, once a day around the same time without drinking. I used to take prednisone and it would go away. Except this last time, the prednisone didn't work. Now I get 5-8 hits at a kip 9-10 in a 24 hour time frame.
   As for a hit! It starts out ...well!! imagine there is a loose knot in that nerve that goes out the back of your eyeball. You know its there because you can feel the pressure from the extra space the loose knot takes up. Now imagine there is a little gremlin that has a hold of that nerve, like a piece of rope, pulling with his little hands while his little spiked foot is propped up against the back of your eyeball. He starts pulling with his little hands and pushing with his foot. The knot tightens, the pressure builds. Sometimes he likes to take his time and stay in that same position for a little while. Like an hour or so. He may even get tired and decide to quit. Most of the time he ends up putting his other foot up and pull as hard as he can and gets that knot so tight the pain becomes intense. And if that wasn't enough, he calls his little buddies over and they start poking the back of your eye with little spears that really don't seem little but they have to be to fit in behind your eye. That's when I do the cluster dance hoping that the little suckers will get tired and leave me alone. Can't think, Can't do anything, right nostril stuffy and dripping. If I hold my head just right I think it doesn't hurt as bad, but I can't think, I can't sit still. Maybe a should hold my head a little different and swing back and forth a little harder. No a little slower???.. The whole side of my head hurts. I get religious and make all kinds of promises. This wont last forever...OMG!! what if it does?..After an hour or more I am to tired to care. When its over, I want to take a nap but know I can't because if I do I will get another.
Then I learned about O2 on this site...Wow, that was a close call.
Sorry,
Kinda went off subject, but I really needed to get that out...

IP Logged

ttnolan
CH.com Veteran

beats me

Scotts Valley, CA
Reply #34 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 5:11pm

I have recently noticed a feeling I can only describe as a release of some chemical. Close in feeling to an IV injection, warm rush coursing through my body, but VERY subtle. Then I get the edgy feelings, like the bottom just dropped out. Then a "thick" feeling on that side of the head, the usual eye, nostril and slam.

IP Logged

Cupper
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Seagrove Beach FL
Reply #35 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 8:21pm

My temple starts to thump. And my jaw gets sore. And I can't stand noise. Especially Generators, AC's, Fridges, Florescent lights, etc.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #36 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:22am

I get fidgety and irritable, especially toward the wife.  She always seems to get the brunt of it.  I've tried hitting an energy drink in the precursor stage, but have found it does no good until that actual attack has started.  Then if I follow up with another it does nothing.

I'm also another that gets "let-down" attacks.  Sundays seem to be my worst as I normally stay pretty busy on Sat.  When I teach on Sunday Morning in Bible Study I usually get hit pretty hard during the main service afterward.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #37 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 2:00am

i get all the common symptoms everybody mentioned, but if it is really really quiet...I can hear very faint sounds of popping in my head, kinda like the cereal-rice crispies...snap, crackle, pop...very faint sounding...all I can think of are brain cells bursting and then all the common symptoms (stiff and painful neck/temple pressure/burning eye/nasal congestion) come rushing in like a killer tsunami
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2011 at 2:01am by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

bhb
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

SE WISCONSIN
Reply #38 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 2:13pm

about 3 weeks before they start I have the feeling of something in my right eye that I have to keep pulling the lower lid down, nothings there just the feeling when the difficulty swallowing happens I know for sure it's back. I've noticed that the more I touch my eye trying to get nothing out the faster I'll bring on the cycle. I also always start having bad dreams about pain for a week before it really hits.

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, one Billion Chinese couldn't care less.

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #39 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 7:27pm

I only get a couple of minutes warning of an impending attack. It starts with a small amount of pain behind my eye that feels like a pulled eye muscle <?> and hurts a bit worse when my eye moves around. I know I'm getting ready to get pounded on so I immediately take action. The longer I wait to use an abortive med (Imitrex), the longer and more intense the attack will be.

During the attack, I smell everything. I can hear everything too, even footsteps in the grass at nearly 100 ft away. Even the smallest amount of light is too much and painful. Hypersensitivity is almost an understatement.

IP Logged

aim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #40 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 9:13pm

My husband tends to know when I have one coming on.  He says that he can see it in my face.  I guess my left eye gets red and saggy.  Sometimes I will get a runny nose on my left side.

IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #41 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:38pm

Imitrex4Breakfast wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 at 7:27pm:
During the attack, I smell everything. I can hear everything too, even footsteps in the grass at nearly 100 ft away. Even the smallest amount of light is too much and painful. Hypersensitivity is almost an understatement.

I find my senses become superhuman too, before and during attacks. Light, sound, smell, touch to the area, (not sure about taste) are all overwhelmingly alert.

IP Logged

Matt Miller
CH.com Junior

This too shall pass...

NW Arkansas
Reply #42 - Jan 20th, 2012 at 11:57am

Quote:
Hypersensitivity is almost an understatement

This is very much the case wtih me as well. I can usually tell when i have one coming on. My left temple (my hit side) starts with small shadows of pain, that then lance into my left eye. I usually put a bit of pressure on my temple, which makes the shadows go away, but i know i've got about 5-10 minutes to get somewhere private so i can do my little dance.

My wife and I have recently let our friend move in for a month or so until his new place is ready for him. He is a night owl, and i usually get night hits in winter, so i'm pacing from living room to kitchen to hallway to front door, turn around and do it all over again.

Roommate will get up to get a glass of water, and i swear it takes him 30 minutes to pour the water and go back to his room (it probably takes all of 30 seconds, but those are LONG seconds). Even the fridge light is blinding to me. ANY noise is too much for me, any touch is too much...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!