Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello! (Read 620 times)
G40
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hello!
Nov 24th, 2010 at 9:44pm

Hi everyone!
I've been a sufferer of ch for about 20 years. They usually come on every two years Right around this time, which brought me to this site. I think my cycle is starting. I'll know tonight. Got a headache last night but it wasn't severe and ibuprofen seemed to knock it out. However, I'm prepared with some sumatriptan just in case. Or what I call nectar of the gods! Smiley When they started 20 years ago, I thought it was from a bad mattress because my neck and back would hurt. The headaches were more annoying than painful. However, that year I went to college the pain was almost making me suicidal. Then after about a month my room mate told me to remove one pillow since I was sleeping with two. And just like that the headaches went away! I thought I fixed it. However,they came back two years later with a vengeance. This time I tried a chiropractor and it seemed to work. The next cycle it didn't. That's when a doctor gave me Imitrex. After that, my next couple cycles were manageable. But then insurance reared its ugly head and had problems keeping enough Imitrex on hand and as you they aren't cheap. It was awful. But now I store up ahead of time.
Sorry if this long.
Thanks! This site has a wealth of info!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Hello!
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 11:31pm

Welcome to the board, take a minute and read the oxygen info tab on the left, has all but eliminated my use of imitrex. Works as fast as imitrex, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper, and none of the annoying side effects.

Glad you found us, hope we can help ya!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 5:13am

Hi,

I hope it's not a cycle starting up and you get a great nights sleep!!!   But if it is, I would take Joe's advice and look into the oxygen as an abortive - totally changed my world!!!    Have a look around and you'll see lots of other ways of keeping the beastie at bay eg. energy drinks, melatonin, etc etc

Good luck, sleep well!

Kate

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 11:58am

And speaking of imitrex, there is a critical bit of info that details how you can get a lot more initrex injection aborts from your prescription while lessening risk of side effects - it can be found here if you haven't already come across it: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

When people talk about O2 here, they're not talking about the older, less effective approach that almost all doctors, in their pathetic ignorance, still prescribe today BTW. The oxygen info link details the newer aproach.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!