Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone tapered down from 720 Verap... (Read 751 times)
Val_
CH.com Sponsor

There is nothing permanent
except change.

Bay Area, CA
Anyone tapered down from 720 Verap...
Nov 3rd, 2010 at 6:16pm

Has anyone had side effects tapering Down off of verapamil?  I tapered down from 960 to 720 last year, no problem. 
A week and a half ago, I went from 720 to 600.  I have been Extremely dizzy, tired, and nausea has set in this week!   Angry  I thought these were symptoms when you taper Up on meds - but Down?

Have any of you had similar experiences?  I was set to taper down every two weeks (Fri being end of week 2), but am thinking of waiting another couple of weeks in case this only gets worse if I go down again.  Trying to wrap up my last semester for my BA, and this just doesn't help!   Shocked

Thanks for any info on your experiences!!   Smiley

Val

val2651  
IP Logged

Chris H
CH.com Sponsor

CH with CH

Re: Anyone tapered down from 720 Verap...
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 9:44pm

I assume you haven't started anything new in its place that could be causing the dizziness, tiredness, etc.? I'm also tapering down, but I've had the dizziness, tiredness all along. Went from 720 to 600 last week, dropping to 480 this week. So far I'm a little less dizzy but no less tired. I recently started Lithium and think that is making me so tired.

I think we all react differently to these meds. -Chris

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:44pm

I only hit 720mg once, for a couple of days. Got lightheaded and had to come back down. 480mg was always my magic number, combined with 900mg of lithium.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Val_
CH.com Sponsor

There is nothing permanent
except change.

Bay Area, CA
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 12:05am

Nah, haven't started anything new in 9 months Chris.   Tongue  That's why I suspect that this taper is the reason for this.  It's just weird because I never had these side effects tapering up or in the year and a half I've been on the verap.  Hah  When I was taking Lithium, I did experience a little sluggishness, nothing a little caffeine wouldn't take care of though.
Thanks to you too Bill!

I am of course waiting on word from my neuro, just wanted to know from the other "experts" - your experiences!  I know everyone is different, but as I said, never heard of more side effects with less meds  Roll Eyes  It's been driving me crazy for the last few days, wondering why I am feeling this way.  THEN, I looked at my calendar - I have it on my planner Fri to taper down again, finally put it together.  This Has to be what's up... Eh, could be worse!  I just Hate side effects.  At least it is not increased headaches!  Woo-hooooo    Grin   

val2651  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!