Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Epidural or Facet Injections (Read 1572 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Epidural or Facet Injections
Oct 30th, 2010 at 2:57am

Hi all.  I have problems with my neck and spine and my pain mgmt dr scheduled me next week for facet injections to my neck and epidural injections to my lumbar (lower) region of the spine. 

I have been lucky enough to be PF for 5 yrs now and had this haunting thought that these type of injections might have been reported by some as a trigger to a CH cycle, made a current cycle worse, etc. 

I would rather deal with the neck and spine pain than go through a CH cycle.  Anybody with experience, please share your reply.  Thanks, Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Epidural or Facet Injections
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 8:18am

In 30-yrs of reading med stuff on CH I've never seen any suggestion that such a link may operate.

In the absence of a decent medical study, suggest you not accept any individual responses--pro or con--as valid guidance. One case never makes a mountain....

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 1:51pm

Good to know, agree with your advice, thanks Bob

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:58pm

Hope it works for you.  When the back hurts everything hurts.  Been there, but fortunately I was able to care for mine with a good Chiro.  One day I'll have to do more, but for now I'm good.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 5:35pm

Hi LasVegas,

Quite a few years have passed since I had several cervical vertebrae fused (C4-T1). Prior to that, my then pain mgt dr would occasionally set me up for a series of epidural injections. The anti-inflammatory action of the steroid that is typically used (Prednisone) was very helpful to me and I was glad when enough time had elapsed that I could get another series of injections. I later learned that Prednisone is very destructive of tissue surrounding the injection site and never had another one.

Ron

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 9:24pm

Hi Ron,
I've read that also, thank you for sharing.  So based on what you wrote, do you take Pred as a preventative for CH's?

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 9:58pm

Hi LasVegas,

I was given Prednisone epidural injections to combat the pain of degenerative disc disease in my spine. I don't get CH; I'm the caregiver for my son Michael, who does.

Ron

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!