Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A New Way to Break (End) The Cycle (Read 11228 times)
My Experiences
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: A New Way to Break (End) The Cycle
Reply #25 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:20pm

In the way I do, walking in the extreme heat at 12 am - 3 pm at noon? Are you sure, you have done it?

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #26 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:28pm

My Experiences wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:20pm:
In the way I do, walking in the extreme heat at 12 am - 3 pm at noon? Are you sure, you have done it?

I think I'm pretty sure I got walkin pretty much licked.  Here's the cure for what ails ya.  Angus burger I raised,  tomato I raised and some lettuce Wally raised.

Potter

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register dinner.jpeg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #27 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:33pm

Then there's the little matter of extremely white boys like me needing to be anywhere but in direct sunlight for three hours at a crack.

I'm sure the basal cell carcinomas would accelerate exponentially.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

My Experiences
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #28 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:47pm

Ok I write it again... "In the way I do, walking in the extreme heat at 12 am until 3 pm at noon. Are you sure, you have done it?" . It is very important that all factors should be involved to achieve the best result for your healing. I will wait for somebody's testimony, tomorrow, next week, or even next year. Thank you

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #29 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:59pm

My Experiences wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:47pm:
Ok I write it again... "In the way I do, walking in the extreme heat at 12 am until 3 pm at noon. Are you sure, you have done it?" . It is very important that all factors should be involved to achieve the best result for your healing. I will wait for somebody's testimony, tomorrow, next week, or even next year. Thank you

If I ever get hit again, I'll be sure to try your methodology.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

My Experiences
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #30 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:03pm

Thank you guys. I wish you all the best.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #31 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:05pm

...but my dermatologist will not be pleased.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #32 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 11:17pm

That time don't exist in my world.

Potter

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #33 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 11:32pm

Potter wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 11:17pm:

That time don't exist in my world.

Potter

I was just thinking the same thing.  3 p.m. has NEVER happened at noon around here, either.  Besides, if I walked 15 hours straight starting at 12:00 a.m. every day, I'd have to go to bed immediately just to get up and start walking again at midnight!  Grin I'd probably lose my job pretty quick.

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #34 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 7:50am

Just curious. How exactly did you test the parameters of your "cure?" so that you know the "exact" measurements, which when deviated from, become less effective?

And dude, heat and exertion brings on clusters for me...and for some others. It wouldn't matter if I was in a boat, on a float, with a goat...I'd still be flustered as my eye became clustered. I do not like green eggs and ham...or heat. lance

IP Logged

Lauren17
CH.com Sponsor

Texas
Reply #35 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 9:05am

PLENTY of military folks on the board. Feel it's safe to say they've marched for 3 hours, probably many mid day without:

"the signal of healing will appear, such a slow movement of fluid will go down from your head (forehead) and goes to your nasal cavity and lasted in your mouth cavity."

Sorry dude, but I distrust anyone who wants me to pay them to teach me how to walk.

Good luck to you, and all snippiness aside, if you do have CH and HAVE found something that works for you, we all celebrate your success.

And my god Potter, that is the best looking burger I've ever seen!

Never, never, never give up.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #36 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 11:21pm

Potter wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:12pm:
The New York Yankees are the world series champions again in serious trouble and all is right in the world tonite.

Fixed it for ya. Wink   We gottem right where we want em.  In the immortal words of Hideki Matsui,  who's only English was  "Let's go kick their fucking asses"

Potter

Please accept my condolences.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #37 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:35am

Shitshitshitshit.

Potter

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #38 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:38am

Since my season is over I'm goin walkin.  Walk this way.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #39 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:39am

At least you can keep your tagline for another couple of weeks.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #40 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:59am

Brew wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:39am:
At least you can keep your tagline for another couple of weeks.

Rub it in rub it in.

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #41 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:15pm

Potter wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:59am:
Rub it in rub it in.

Potter

Since their inception in 1970, the Milwaukee Brewers have been my home team, through thick and thin. I've earned the right to rub it in. Wink

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #42 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:32pm

Brew wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:15pm:
Potter wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:59am:
Rub it in rub it in.

Potter

Since their inception in 1970, the Milwaukee Brewers Braves have been my home team, through thick and thin. I've earned the right to rub it in. Wink

I loved the Braves.  Rotten Bastages.

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #43 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:34pm

I'm too young to remember the Braves being in Milwaukee, although my mother tells me she went to a game while I was a bun in the oven.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #44 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 10:45am

Brew wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:33pm:
Then there's the little matter of extremely white boys like me needing to be anywhere but in direct sunlight for three hours at a crack.

I'm sure the basal cell carcinomas would accelerate exponentially.

I'm a big fan of people getting more sunlight. While the risk from a few types of skin cancer increases with 'sun exposure', the risk of many types of other cancer would decrease (along with reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, and autoimmune diseases).

Skin cancer is the easiest type to spot and treat. The biggest danger is a sunburn with blistering (which could happen to very white people with 3 hours peak exposure at some latitutdes, for sure).  Overexposure is clearly unhealthy and is strongly linked to increased risk of skin cancers. Getting moderate exposure to sunlight actually seems to be protective for melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer.

But I don't think that sunlight or vitamin D is a magic bullet against cluster headaches. I am episodic with a strong tendency to get hit in summer. For me, heat and sunlight are not the answer in any way shape or form - being tan hasn't stopped the beast. In the short term, my experience is that exposure to heat and UV seem to be a trigger. When I am in cycle, I need to adjust my gardening and lawnmowing so it is done in the early morning or late afternoon, and I need to take frequent breaks to cool off and rehydrate. My bias is towards the 'water, water, water' approach to prevent cluster pain.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2010 at 10:48am by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #45 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 11:07am

A lot has to do with skin type as well. Those of us whose northern European ancestors passed along the pinkest of pink skin with freckles are most at risk. I'm 49 and just had my third basal cell carcinoma removed.

When you think about it, we come from a generation whose parents were more concerned about keeping us out of the pool for an hour after we ate than they were about protecting our skin from the damaging effects of overexposure. Not that I'm blaming them - nobody really gave it a second thought. I'm just thankful it's never been a melanoma - so far.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #46 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 4:41pm

Potter,

If you will walk three hours a day in that manner outdoors between November 1 and Feb 29 I assure you  you will have no worries about CH.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #47 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:24pm

Callico wrote on Oct 24th, 2010 at 4:41pm:
Potter,

If you will walk three hours a day in that manner outdoors between November 1 and Feb 29 I assure you  you will have no worries about CH.

Jerry

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could see the leading edge of the polar ice cap from his place--if Canada wasn't in the way.   Wink

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #48 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 6:10pm

Maybe the best Hijack of all time.

Potter

IP Logged

My Experiences
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #49 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 11:23pm

Sorry guys, maybe all of your reasons are right. I may not sacrifice your skin health just to heal your CH (I don't know that your white skin so easily affected by the exposing to the sunshine that can cause a skin cancer) and maybe some of you do not suitable for this treatment that uses heat from sunshine and even got worse by exposing to the sunshine. One thing I am stressing at the beginning, don't just cure one organ of your body  by letting other organs be the victim. Maybe you should use water 3x if it is suitable for you.

I think you should choose your treatment that best suitable for you, but at the same time don't give many side effect to you. Wish you luck.

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2010 at 12:38am by My Experiences »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!