Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cheap calcium channel blocker (Read 1469 times)
matt m
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

cheap calcium channel blocker
Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:38pm

I found that verapamil was $200 without insurance so I looked into other options. I found Diltiazem 60 mg it was $10 for 90. It's short acting so you have to take 3 a day but it seems to be doing the trick for me and started working in days verses weeks with verapamil. Maybe an alternative for other broke cluster sufferers. Good luck

IP Logged

his wife
CH.com Old Timer

The sweetest sound is
my children's laughter

Re: cheap calcium channel blocker
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:53pm

Hey Matt...I'm not sure where you're getting your Rx filled but you're definitely being overcharged if you're paying $200 for Verapamil.  You can get 80 mg @ $4 for 30 or $10 for 90 at Walmart.  90 would get you close to a months worth if you're at 480 mg a day, which is an acceptable dosage.  It's part of their $4 Rx program.  Most other pharmacies honor that price too if they price match.  We pay $8.10 for 100 80 mg @ CVS..insurance doesn't pay anthing toward it.

Talk to your doc about any medication, but don't pay that kinda money when more affordable options are out there.

Take care.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Re: cheap calcium channel blocker
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:58pm

Glad you found something else that works for you.

On the Verapamil though...Did you ask for the generic form? 
I was without ins. 5 years ago and was only paying 40 dollars per mo. for the script of for Immediate release and SR when I switched types of verapamil.

You may want to shop around if they are charging you that much.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!