Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jus a kissin cousin-Rockin her boat? (Read 872 times)
Wonder Woman
CH.com Newbie

Able to will brain energy
into muscles and limbs

Atlanta
Jus a kissin cousin-Rockin her boat?
Oct 11th, 2010 at 12:59pm

Thank the Lord --I have no desire to run with the big boys!
I was diagnosed with SUNCT four years ago. (which some say is a form of CH??) I currently take lamictal and verapamil.. I have had reoccurring cycles.  In May I had a near death experience with indomacin (sp). It didn't help all the time any ways.  Since the end of May I have had no sign --here or there-of any sort of piercing stabbing headache. Yippee.
SOOOO Great CH Gurus-- Do you think it could be --that maybe--I could start thinking about dropping the meds?
Disclaimer Disclaimer Disclaimer--I got it Wink Wink
Optimistically Hoping Never Again Cool
Wonder Woman

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Jus a kissin cousin-Rockin her boat?
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:40am

Wonder Woman wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 12:59pm:
SOOOO Great CH Gurus-- Do you think it could be --that maybe--I could start thinking about dropping the meds?
Disclaimer Disclaimer Disclaimer--I got it Wink WinkOptimistically Hoping Never Again CoolWonder Woman

Uhhm, you got what? Sorry, it's probably me but I didn't get that. As to dropping meds...you know the cycle is over when it's over. Go cautiously here. It's harder to stomp a new cycle than it is to keep a current cycle under some control. But...compare this to past cycles, and their length, and add 20% to that...and then if you want begin reducing. Reducing, not dropping. And make sure your doc knows so as to monitor your reaction. Best of luck and wishes and prayers for a cycle's end! Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Wonder Woman
CH.com Newbie

Able to will brain energy
into muscles and limbs

Atlanta
Re: Jus a kissin cousin-Rockin her boat?
Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 9:50pm

Thanks for answers. It's always nice to have another thought to chew on.
Marc==I went into anaphylaxis shock.  I had taken indocin earlier in the day. I also had taken lamictal and a beta blocker.  I had not eaten anything uncommon or had a bug bite. 3 docs including an allergist are unsure if it was the indocin or the beta blocker. There is no scratch test  for reaction to those drugs. I offered to sit in their office and take the indocin --they all reply no--with horror on their face. My neurologist does not feel it was the indocin.  So today I carry an epipen--just in case --is it  Sad an albatross around my neck or maybe a lifesaver  Cool

Lance--as usual I think others can read my mind, thanks for reminding me--as my hubby does-- that is untrue.
Disclaimer: A statement denying responsibility for a particular action. I wanted to let every one know that I fully understood any advice given --was strictly advice-not a diagnosis--. Your advice is heeded. I have already reduced verapamil--with doc's blessing. I know lamctial is a brain mess-er with-er and would sure like to eliminate it also. Again thanks for taking the time to answer.
This is the first time I have been headache free --for more than a few days since 05. Needless to say I am can't stop smiling.  Smiley
Wonder Woman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!