Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can you request larger prescriptions in the UK? (Read 830 times)
duffield1
CH.com Newbie

Cluster headaches spoiled
my bacon sandwich.

Selby, UK
Can you request larger prescriptions in the UK?
Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:08am

My lovely doc is giving me prescriptions for six doses of injectable meds, but given that I seem to be using at least one per day, that lasts less than a week.

Would it be appropriate to ask for larger prescriptions, or given that my cluster may come to an end abruptly (fingers crossed!) would this be too much of a wastage risk for a relatively expensive drug?

(Incidentally, I am so glad that the National Health Service offers prescriptions for £7.40 each - the thought of having a huge bill every time I need some meds as the folks elsewhere in the world seem to have is terrible!)

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Can you request larger prescriptions in the UK?
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:44am

If your system will allow Rx for larger quantities, ask.

We have folks who use their meds which are out of date without a problem. If you have stored meds in moderate conditions the expiration date is not something to be concerned about. Certainlyl, carrying it over from one cycle to the next is O.K.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 2:08pm

My doc wrote me a script for 8 shots at a time and then put them on a permanent repeat so I can get them as often as necessary , they'll let me know when I need a review.

The nhs has deemed it unethical to refuse imigran scripts to ch patients on grounds of cost , so don't worry about that , if you end up with some left over just save it for your next cycle.

God bless

Nigel

Ps do you have a pre pay card for your scripts , something like 28 pounds for 3 months unlimited scripts.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2010 at 2:13pm by Headache Boy uk »  

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

duffield1
CH.com Newbie

Cluster headaches spoiled
my bacon sandwich.

Selby, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 7:19am

Yup, just got a pre-pay certificate for three months.  I'm hoping it is like when you take an umbrella out with you - now I've bought the voucher, the cycle will draw to a natural end!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!