Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new user learning how to get around this site. (Read 1157 times)
fifi
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new user learning how to get around this site.
Sep 28th, 2010 at 9:51pm

Hi, am new to this site but would love any help.  Diagnosed with ch this year and have had them everyday since.  Am on verapomil and topiramate and peridisone but got weined off that.  That of course was the best of all.  Missing lots of work, and so scared, don't want these forever.  UGH!

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Re: new user learning how to get around this site.
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 10:33pm

Welcome,

Have you talked to your doctor about oxygen for the treatment of CH? If not you will.

Best, Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Jack
CH.com Junior

clstrfckt

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 10:39pm

Hi fifi. Also try Red Bull or another energy drink with high concentrations of caffeine and taurine when you feel an attack coming on, or when you wake up with a headache in the middle of the night. They've helped me with my last few attacks.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 12:42am

Read the oxygen info tab on the left and get 02!! 32 years and nothing compares to oxygen for speed of abort, no side effects and ease of use. My aborts run about 6-8 minutes. Welcome to the board!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 1:01pm

Hi Fifi,

I know a lot of us have found temporary relief as you did when on a prednisone taper, only to have the CH come roaring back immediately after.

Fortunately there are other effective things we can throw at this beast, the most popular of which (around here at least) is high flow, 100% O2 as outlined in the oxygen info link to the left of this page (if it is visible to you - if it isn't, here's a link: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)

This is different and much more effective than the old school way most doctors, in their ignorance, still prescribe O2, which is lo flow / rebreather.

Unlike some others here, just drinking an energy drink has never aborted a CH hit for me, but they are certainly worth a try. They have worked for me with shadows, and I believe there really could be something to combining an energy drink with O2 for the old 1 - 2 beast knock out punch!

We have other tips and tricks for you too - glad to see that you're here finding out about them and likely joining the growing legions who have found much improved relief.  Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 1:28pm

We need more information:
for each med, what was the dose, how long did you take it, why did you come off?

What kind of a doc are you seeing (specialty)?

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

fifi
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:51pm

coach_bill wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 10:33pm:
Welcome,

Have you talked to your doctor about oxygen for the treatment of CH? If not you will.

Best, Coach Bill

IP Logged

fifi
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:55pm

yes i have been prescribed oxygen but have not gotten it yet.  Guess i better get some. i've been trying to everything else.   i tried the red bull, not alot of change, sounds like the oxygen is a hope.  Thanks for all the input, love this site.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:57pm by fifi »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 10:14am

32 years of CH and NOTHING compares to 02 for speed of abort, ease of use and lack of any side effects. It's so easy to use once you get the hang of it. You'll quickly see why so many of us rant and rave about it! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!