Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
That elusive solution (Read 4039 times)
Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

New Lowell, Ontario, Canada
Re: That elusive solution
Reply #25 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 9:46am

Hi Black,

Re: are these two different kinds of lithium med?.....Yes
Lithium and Duralith are the brand names?.....Yes
and duralith has as substance lithium carbonate?.....Yes

Duralith is the one that did not work and I almost overdosed on. Don’t know the exact name of the other Lithium that worked but my Doctors does, so I will ask him for that this time. I know blood tests are key to ensure proper therapeutic levels, so I will not slip up this time.

The side affects are minimal for me (except when I took too much, shaking hands ringing in the ear). I don’t get drowsy so it should not affect my job (School Bus Driver), but if it does I will stop, don’t worry the kiddies will be safe.

Bud

The Beast takes advantage of us when we are vulnerable, picks on the unprepared. But when you fight back, he runs away with his tail between his legs. He truly is a coward.

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #26 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 2:55pm

thanks Bud.
i am on Milithin(lithium carbonate 300mg).If you can learn also along with the brand name of the first lithium its substance(if there is something different than lithium carbonate)it would be great.
just to know if there are other options too.
till now even though i haven't any side effects i also haven't seen any difference in ch.
i always get the impression that nothing resists to the damn beast.like it has an existence of its own.
it decides when to hit and how hard.damn

pf wishes

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 12:19pm

Hi Black,

I have a Doctors appointment this Thursday, I am going to ask him to prescribe the 1st type of Lithium I had, NOT THE DURALITH. Maybe he doesn’t know the old saying “don’t fix it if it’s not broke”. I will post the exact name of that type of Lithium when I get it; also it’s a good idea to get blood tests to ensure the dosage is exactly right to be therapeutic.

Shadows are (Kip 3) dull but more constant now; attacks are now 1 or 2 days apart but still short lived. Hope I can get my defense set up before they are full fledged, but you never know what to expect as indicated by a lot of people around here.

You are so right, the beast seams to be able to launch an assault whenever he wants.
Bud

The Beast takes advantage of us when we are vulnerable, picks on the unprepared. But when you fight back, he runs away with his tail between his legs. He truly is a coward.

IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #28 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 11:43am

Hi All,

Got the Beast under control this time, since I found this site last week I started to get things ready. I have O2, Red Bull and Zomig rapimelt 2.5mg for abortives, have not needed to use the Zomig as the O2 for night hits and the Red Bull for day hits are working great. Did not get Lithium this time as there was doubt last cycle that it worked. Doctor prescribed Elavil (Amitriptylin) 10mg at bed time, and after 3 nights, the night hits went away. Day hits are every other day. It came on fast this time, I was up to 3 night hits and 2 day hits until last Sunday. Wow what a difference this time, I have all this ammo and it works……Only had to do the dance twice and that was before I found this site, attacks now are 10 to 15 minutes at best, and the Beast can be punted anytime.

I know, not to get too existed though; I have heard that the Beast has a way to fool us. I will keep reading and try to stay one step ahead.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You All,
Bud

IP Logged

mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Reply #29 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 1:39pm

Bud,Welcome!!!  Sorry you had to find us. I like your attitude.
Have you tried any of the other tricks found here. Melatonin,Red Bull, both favorites of mine. NO BEER!!!!!

Here wishing you all the luck in the world!!!

Mike

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!