Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Choppo - Australia - Scared (Read 8421 times)
Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Choppo - Australia - Scared
Reply #25 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 8:22am

wimsey1 wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 8:13am:
Quote:
P.S. im going to get a smaller O2 set up for the car AND carry a couple cans of Mother energy drink in the glove box so when i return to work im all set (another tip i got from this site). Not looking forward to the warm energy drink from the glove box when the time comes though

Hey, Choppo. Now you're talkin'! Doesn't it feel great to have an arsenal against the Beast? It's time for you to kick it's butt for a change. And while you're at it, don't forget to look into the preventatives we use around here. They can go a long way to helping you kill a cycle sooner. Great news. Blessings! lance

G'day Lance,

thanks for taking the time to post  Smiley

RE: Preventitives, ATM im trying to go off all Meds. Sticking with the Magnesium/ Melatonin (weak stuff).... i found the Sumatriptan was scrambling my brain a bit and if i can get away without any of the 'serious' preventitives, ill be happy as Larry.

None of my above intentions are stopping my reseach though on EVERYTHING - i need to build that arsenal up... hell im at war with this Beast!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2010 at 8:22am by Choppo »  

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #26 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 2:28pm

GREAT to see Choppo that you're showing the beast whose turn it is now for some punishing counter assaults.   Cool

Sounds like you are very much on the right track.  Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 3:43pm

bejeeber wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 2:28pm:
GREAT to see Choppo that you're showing the beast whose turn it is now for some punishing counter assaults.   Cool

Sounds like you are very much on the right track.  Smiley

Hi Beej, yep im angry at 'it' now. Im going to beat the Beast into submission!
BTW - as an update, my new O2 set-up with 'modified mask' works a treat! Get this - terminated an attack in a record 12mins at 1am  Smiley The more pure O2 you can get, the bigger the breath the better result im finding so far. The notes on MUST having 100% O2 each and every breath are suddenly becoming crystal clear. If i mess up a few breaths, i can feel it....

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #28 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 4:11pm

Choppo wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 7:46am:
P.S. im going to get a smaller O2 set up for the car AND carry a couple cans of Mother energy drink in the glove box so when i return to work im all set (another tip i got from this site). Not looking forward to the warm energy drink from the glove box when the time comes though  Grin

Given the choice of a warm energy drink or going without, the warm one wins any time. And if you chug it fast enough you can't really taste it anyway.

It's great to see the difference in your posts from the first to your latest ones. It's great to be back in charge and not have the beast controlling you.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #29 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 6:10pm

Choppo wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 3:43pm:
...my new O2 set-up with 'modified mask' works a treat! Get this - terminated an attack in a record 12mins at 1am...

SWEET!  Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #30 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 6:13pm

Just another quick one - to give newbees like me some hope if they are looking at this thread in desperation. The O2 is working.... 7.30am here, just got another attack. Got to the O2 fairly quickly i.e. just before the piercing eye pain started (i need to get to it earlier!!!) and truely 10mins i reckon till 100% gone.

Mike NZ, yep im a changed man and no longer desperately depressed - all from this wonderful site!!!!

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #31 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 7:03pm

Choppo wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 7:46am:
P.S. im going to get a smaller O2 set up for the car AND carry a couple cans of Mother energy drink in the glove box so when i return to work im all set (another tip i got from this site). Not looking forward to the warm energy drink from the glove box when the time comes though  Grin

Hi Chop
That's a good move; I have the same a C size fitted into a plastic tool box & a D size for home, although I haven't needed them for over 2 years now there's no way I'm gonna return the bottles to BOC, the annual rental I pay is good insurance that I have the weapons I need if I take off into a high cycle any time.
As for the energy drink you could try using one of those cheap foam eskies & a couple of freezer bricks to keep them cold, I carry mine in a 8 litre Engel fitted to my 4x4 that is part of my remote workers fit-out ( I work an area from Onslow to Wyndham that's about the size of the state of Queensland) so I need something a little more permanent.

Both of my regs go way over the 15L/Min so I can go up or down as needed & having a beard I cant use the mask so I breath straight from the bag.

Cheers for now
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #32 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 7:05pm

Quote:
Not looking forward to the warm energy drink from the glove box when the time comes though   

YO Chop

I use red bull my self cos it's sparkling , not fizzy , so I can get it down me even when it's warm out of my van .

call me weird but I actually prefer the taste when it's warm.

Glad to here your getting some relief from the beast , this is a good place to be isn't it.

God bless

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Reply #33 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:19pm

Here is the link... Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

paid $126 and it only goes up to 15lpm but it suits me fine and in the end cheaper than monthly rentals - I don't suppose my CH is about to up and leave any time soon (been over 20 yrs so far).

Great to hear you've been giving the beast a hard time!!

Kate
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:24pm by Kate in Oz »  
IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

New Lowell, Ontario, Canada
Reply #34 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 11:05pm

Hey Chop,

Glad to see you are armed and ready to fight. I also am new here and just stating another cycle, not to bad yet but as you know, that is going to change. I have the prescription in for lithium; O2 is on the way, still looking for a back up abort but energy drink sounds good. My arc of fire is 360 degrees and I’m ready to send that demand straight back to where he came from.

Good Luck
Bud

The Beast takes advantage of us when we are vulnerable, picks on the unprepared. But when you fight back, he runs away with his tail between his legs. He truly is a coward.

IP Logged

roughneckjdb
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #35 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:59am

do the cycles go along with spring,summer, fall, and winter?  when do you know a cycle is over? hope that doesnt seem like a stupid question  i really miss my after work beer but im worried the beast will take my head off

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #36 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:42am

roughneckjdb wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:59am:
do the cycles go along with spring,summer, fall, and winter?  when do you know a cycle is over? hope that doesnt seem like a stupid question  i really miss my after work beer but im worried the beast will take my head off

No stupid questions here, Bud. We've all asked ourselves and others this. Unfortunately, the answer is: you know the cycle is over when it's over--no more pain, no more hits. Yes, they do seem sensitive to seasonal changes. And many of us become familiar with the cycle winding down patterns. Some fade gradually, some build to a crescendo and then quit. You'll get to know yours. And unless you want the hits, I'd stay away from any alcohol until you're sure. lance

IP Logged

Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #37 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 4:26pm

Hi guys,
just a quick update. The Beast is in full swing now. Last couple days has been;
Midnight, 2am, 4am, 8am, 3pm, 7pm, 9.30pm midnight, rinse and repeat. So thats 7-8 per day! Trying to get a sleep before the 9.30pm and between 9.30pm, midnight, 2am... then just stay awake till 8.30pm again. Bloody tired  Embarrassed

On the Seasonal thing, i remember mine have usually been as the seasons change to Winter.... this time around we are going into summer. I won't attempt to work out the logic of that  Grin

O2 - i am desperate for a Demand Valve System. I am currently renting the same as what Kate has. It just doesn't flow enough and is quite frustrating having to wait between breaths for the bag to refil. I can feel a bit of progress in pain, then it fades off again unless i ge the timing 100% correct which is very difficult. the demand valve i will really be able to hook into that O2 properly.

Energy Drinks - going through min 1Ltr a day at the moment  Shocked

So, ive jsut purchased 2 x demand valve set ups from you Yanks  Cheesy Wired teh money yesterday and it's still going to be a week min before it get here - i can't wait!!!! I can (and did) buy 2 x real quality ones from the US for the same price as 1 x average one here in Aust.

Used up my first bottle of O2 in what 3 days. 'D' size 4100Ltr. Very un-easy feeling when you run low during the night....

But im sticking in there  Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2010 at 4:29pm by Choppo »  

IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #38 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:24pm

Hi Chop,

Sounds like you’re getting the beast whipped but watch out, there could be a lot of O2 situation around, don’t want to here you went out in a flame of glory, take care.

Hi Lance, I think your reply is for roughneckjdb or do you call your friends Bud like Chop calls his friends Mate.

Bud

The Beast takes advantage of us when we are vulnerable, picks on the unprepared. But when you fight back, he runs away with his tail between his legs. He truly is a coward.

IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #39 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:30pm

Damn that spell checker it has no idea what I wanted to say, that was saturation….

IP Logged

Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #40 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:36pm

Just a double check on this..... (and yes i am a smoker  Sad), after O2 therapy, i walk around 'padding' my clothing to rid the O2 saturation. When i do smoke, it is outside on the verahdah, no where near the O2 'therapy centre' i.e. Laundry  Smiley
Anything else i should do? (besides give up the smokes you smartie pants  Grin!!)

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:54pm

Hey, Chopster. regarding buying gear from Yankland, it's likely the fittings will be different (and probably on the wrong side).

Otherwise, bloody good luck and you can phone me anytime on 0406 068 295.

Cheers from the north.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:56pm

Hi Chop,

Yes, I used to work for a company called Air Liquide, Industrial gasses and welding supplies, they also fill medical oxygen cylinders, so I know a thing or 2 about the subject. O2 is an inert gas that means its non flammable. The danger is any flammable substance saturated with O2 will become highly flammable. I myself, once I get the O2, plan to have a robe to ware in the room where the O2 is. I to go out and have a smoke now and then so I will take off the robe and put something else on and wait outside a while to ensure there is no residual O2 on any other clothing. Use caution if you have gas appliances with a pilot light or open flame, don’t pile clothing that may be saturated with O2 in the laundry room near a gas hot water heater for example. Use common sense and extreme caution.

Be Safe
Remember…….Flammable substance + O2 + open flame or ignition source spells DANGER
Bud

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #43 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 11:55pm

Hi Chop.  1 liter of energy drinks??  zoinks, that's a lot.  Any luck with the melatonin or other herbs?  They can be more a preventative and then use oxygen as the abortive.

Also, any thoughts on the cluster busters stuff?  Works as a nice prevent also.

Good luck! Smiley

--Shaggy

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 7:27am

Bud wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:24pm:
Hi Chop,

Sounds like you’re getting the beast whipped but watch out, there could be a lot of O2 situation around, don’t want to here you went out in a flame of glory, take care.

Hi Lance, I think your reply is for roughneckjdb or do you call your friends Bud like Chop calls his friends Mate.Bud

Ooops. Sorry about that. Huh

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #45 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 11:19am

[/quote]
Hi Beej, yep im angry at 'it' now. Im going to beat the Beast into submission!
BTW - as an update, my new O2 set-up with 'modified mask' works a treat! Get this - terminated an attack in a record 12mins at 1am  Smiley The more pure O2 you can get, the bigger the breath the better result im finding so far. The notes on MUST having 100% O2 each and every breath are suddenly becoming crystal clear. If i mess up a few breaths, i can feel it.... [/quote]

Now that is some real good news!!

Peace & Blessings
LadyLuv

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #46 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 9:09pm

hi guys,
bit of an update.... getting smashed at night ATM. Bed 9pm, 1hr sleep then BANG... stay awake for a couple hours.... sleep 1 hr then BANG... awake for a couple hours etc... Im getting max 4hrs sleep a night interrupted by the awake periods. Interesting it is within minutes of 1hr everytime that i sleep before the next wake-up. Once it gets to 3am, i just stay awake and play internets. The Beast doesn't like it when im awake at this time of morning as he seems powerless with my enegy drink  Cool.

Still getting the odd day time hit too, but more random and yesterday i didn't get a day timer but day before got 2.

Am still taking Magnesium, Calcium, MultiVitamin and up to 3 Melatonin 1/2hr before bed. I succumbed to an Endone at 9-ish last night and another at 1am or 2am. Didn;t really do anything, but i was desperate at the time  Angry

To be honest, the BEST abort im finding is the Energy Drink  Shocked i reckon a 10min abort.... however i am using with O2, so it could be the combination. The Energy Drink just 'feels' like its the one that is working.

1ltrs of Energy drink... YEP  Cheesy. They are 500ml cans and im chugging down at least 1/2 per attack... so pretty easy to clock up 1 ltr of the stuff.

Interesting little side note, the last two attacks in the mornings.... say the 3am one and if i try at 7am for a nap.... the wake-up pain is NOT massive and im generally able to use NOTHING for it to go away within a few mins. Just get up real quick and 'pretend' to be really awake, move around, look at lights etc. Seems to work for some reason???

On the O2, ive got a spare Oxy reg hanging around so hooked that up to the bottle and got rid of that pissy 15L/min reg. I can get 10000L/min if i wanted now  Grin Grin. the great thing is i can regulate very finely the flow rate each 30sec to the damand required. The mask still sucks somewhat, but will be fixed when i get the new one/ demand valve.

Noted comments RE: you backward Yankees with weird threads on gas equipment  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Im sure ill get a converter or similar to make it work - will keep you posted.

IP Logged

Bud
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #47 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 9:10am

Hi Chop,

It’s Saturday morning here in the great white north, I live just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, going into winter and the snow is coming, it always does and you can’t stop it. My cycles always start in the fall, I wonder if I go to Australia in October and stay for 6 months I could avoid the attacks. Hmmmmmmm! We are total opposites geographically but we have a lot in common here, What you said, (Re: Just get up real quick and 'pretend' to be really awake, move around, look at lights etc. Seems to work for some reason???) I do the exact same thing.

Poor an energy drink into you favorite (MT) beer bottle and I will do the same
Hold it up and say “Cheers”
Have a G’day Mate
Bud

IP Logged

Choppo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #48 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 12:18am

THE BEAST IS GONEEEE!!!!! Kicked his ass outta here! How, well here is my theory this time round.
Doing heaps and heaps of research on the internet on CH, Tension headaches, migranes etc etc, they all seem to link back to Seritonin in one way shape or form.... now, you will note from earlier in my posts, i am a life-time taker of Aropax (paroxetine) for my depression. 1 tab a day keeps that at bay just fine. But i noticed one of the prevents for CH may be taking anti-depressants.
Out of the blue, i also remembered that the last episode a few years ago happened after i tinkered with my Aropax dose with my shrink....
So anyway, i get this brain storm... why not double my Aropax dose? A normal dose is considered 2 x tabs daily anyway. Hell, give it a go... WOW - CH GONE!!! In 1 day. Even had a couple hundred beers to test the theory Cheesy
I am sooo happy to sleep finally, i spent the whole day in bed today, sleeping, snoozing, napping... so sweet it is  Smiley

So fingers crossed here! Ill let you know how i go over the next few days

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #49 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 1:24am

It's great to see a post like this. Just go back and look at your first post in this thread and see the difference.

Serotonin really does seem to be one of the key chemicals involved in so many things that affect the brain and central nervous system, but then that should be no great surprise since it is one of the main neurotransmitter chemicals.

Nortriptyline / amitriptyline are sometimes used as CH preventives and they are also antidepressants, so the Aropax may be working in a similar manner.

I'd let your GP know that you've changed dose as it may have some other impacts, but preventing CHs is a pretty good side effect.

I'd also wait a bit longer than a day to be sure that the Aropax is stopping all the CHs as most preventives don't stop all CHs.

And the beer test isn't perfect. I've found that I can drink beer and single malt whisky without a problem, but the alcohol in a hand sanitizer will trigger a CH.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!