Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen Regulators? (Read 1370 times)
Cosworth
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Indianapolis|USA||0|0|IN,Indiana
Oxygen Regulators?
Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:12pm

Can anyone tell me where you can buy the higher flow O2 regs?  The company that i get my O2 supply from doesn't carry them.  My reg goes to 15 lpm, but I find that I could easily handle a higher flow and may have more success aborting at a higher flow. I'm episodic but with typically long cycles one or two times per year lasting 12-15 weeks typically.  After discovering O2 about 5 or 6 years ago I have had good success, but abandoned the non-rebreather mask and just breather right off the tube. It dries you out pretty bad (never bothered to rig up a bubbler) but i know i'm getting the full 15 lpm.  Just think a higher setting may help.   Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I searched around but couldn't find anything on this topic?

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: Oxygen Regulators?
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:18pm

e-bay is your friend on this one.

e-tank regulators that go to 25lpm can be had for ~$20

For a larger tank (CGA-540) I would suggest getting a welding regulator.  You can crank that baby up faster than you can breathe.  I picked mine up used on e-bay for $42 shipped.

And, go back to the non-rebreather.  I suggest you buy one from DJ.  If you just don't like the mask against your face you can use the mouth tube instead.  That's what I do.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:27pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Cosworth
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:30pm

Thanks for the info.  I found the picture post by Marc that showed the different styles of regulators. The CGA870 info. was what I needed. I don't have any big tanks, just the e-tanks.  The medical supply that gives me these issues me 5 at a time and they are pretty good about delivery so I can usually keep cycling these small guys and stay supplied.  I like the eTAnks because i always keep one in the car.  Question about the non-rebreather.  Is there any kind of valve on the mouthpiece you mentioned? I don't mind a mask, but i've found the cheaper non-rebreathers they supply are just much harder to use and so just taking the mask off the tube and breathing direct from the tube ensures i'm getting 100% O2.  I do have to just vent the O2 into my mouth as I exhale, but i try to exhale very quickly to essentially try and hyperventilate the  O2.  Generally 15 lpm will work for me, but sometimes it takes up to 30 mins and i kill most of a tank in this timeframe..

IP Logged

Cosworth
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:33pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:27pm:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Thanks Racer - people on this board just rock. I really appreciate it.  Curious about one thing... do you know if this reg. shown on firehouse regulator has settings in between 15 and 25.  I found one other regulator after getting the type (CGA870) and it showed the settings went incrementally to 15 but then jump to 25.  Was hoping to find one that had some settings in between??

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 2:50pm

It jumps from 15 to 25 lpm. Check your PM's.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 7:10pm

Blake's e-tank reg. came from e-bay and goes up to 25lpm.

I orderd the h-tank reg. from Flotec in Indianapolis....it goes up to 60lpm.  Customer service is very helpful and actually know about clusterheads and what they need. 

Good luck!

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2010 at 8:56pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Sep 22nd, 2010 at 1:27pm:

That is the BEST deal I have seen yet for the price.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!