Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It took many tries to get signed on but, I am here (Read 4062 times)
jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: It took many tries to get signed on but, I am here
Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 10:14pm

Fitzpatrick wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 5:14pm:
Potter wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 1:05pm:
Fish do nasty stuff in water.

Potter

That's why I don't eat any kind of seafood, it is disgusting.
My water is highly filtered or pure spring water, I even shower in filtered water because the water in Los Angeles is a toxic yellow out of the tap and smells like Clorox, shit or both.

Fitz!...it was a joke...and funny...and previously said a little more pithily by W.C. Fields Shocked

FWIW...and my ADMITTED bias.... as I've made my living in the seafood industry for the past 30 yrs...

Seafood is darn near the perfect protein. Low in saturated fat...high in polyunsaturates...high in flavor....high in omega-3 fatty acids....high in minerals....lower in calories than red meat....

I could tell you a HORROR story about ANY food you could name...but don't do it anymore with my family...or this family....

As Julia Childs said:  "All things in moderation....including moderation"

BTW...wouldn't touch that water either.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Fitzpatrick
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 11:24am

jon019 wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 10:14pm:
Fitzpatrick wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 5:14pm:
Potter wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 1:05pm:
Fish do nasty stuff in water.

Potter

That's why I don't eat any kind of seafood, it is disgusting.
My water is highly filtered or pure spring water, I even shower in filtered water because the water in Los Angeles is a toxic yellow out of the tap and smells like Clorox, shit or both.

Fitz!...it was a joke...and funny...and previously said a little more pithily by W.C. Fields Shocked

FWIW...and my ADMITTED bias.... as I've made my living in the seafood industry for the past 30 yrs...

Seafood is darn near the perfect protein. Low in saturated fat...high in polyunsaturates...high in flavor....high in omega-3 fatty acids....high in minerals....lower in calories than red meat....

I could tell you a HORROR story about ANY food you could name...but don't do it anymore with my family...or this family....

As Julia Childs said:  "All things in moderation....including moderation"

BTW...wouldn't touch that water either.

Best,

Jon

I know it was a joke and a very funny one but, I am not joking, I won't eat fish because the smell alone makes me throw up never mind the fact the all seafood comes out of the dirty nasty sea that has been polluted for centuries.

On another note, today is the 1st day since I can remember that I woke up without a headache.
I have not taken any pills in 2 days now and only done one 3mg shot, the oxygen has been working overtime though.
I now have a 5' tall 12: wide oxygen bottle and 4 portable bottles and Apria finally showed up with a use-less non-rebreather mask that does not fit my face and I can't get a seal with. So I am breathing the O2 straight from the hose into my mouth when needed.

Ray # 1, the Fasterspider
You must have bumped your head.

IP Logged

Fitzpatrick
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 3:29pm

5 days and no Sumatriptan pills but, I have done a few injections and just picked up a new box of 5 bottles.
My big O2 bottle is almost empty and will be by tomorrow morning.
All of you that have replied to my thread with info and advice, thank you very much.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #28 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 4:00pm

If it's a non-rebreather, at least the O2 can accumulate in the bag so you can "gulp" it in.

As to it not fitting, you're not using the little green elastic strap, are you? Cut that sucker off of there and hold it against your face with your hand to make a tight seal.

We clusterheads use O2 more like a winded running back than a heart transplant patient.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Fitzpatrick
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #29 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 9:56pm

O2 is saving my life right now.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #30 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 10:00pm

Been there...still there.....glad YOU'RE there!

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #31 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 12:43am

Since the discovery of 02 I've damn near forgotten what a KIP 10 feels like! So glad it's working as well for you! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Fitzpatrick
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #32 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:46pm

I am sure it has been asked before but, do seasonal changes have anything to do with the frequency of headaches?
This is the 3rd fall in a row where the severity and frequency of my headaches is amazingly high.
I have been pretty lucky for the past week and only had short boughts that get inline quick with O2 but, I have a headache now that is on the verge of pissing me off and O2 is not helping.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #33 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 8:26pm

I remember a recent thread where there were some observations that yes, due to circadian rhythms and their effect on the hypothalamus, CH attacks often go into high cycle at the changing of the seasons.

I wonder if either upping your flow rate, hyperventialting the O2, optimizing your arterial PH a la the Batch protocol, or all of the above could get the O2 working better for you here in high cycle?

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #34 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:12am

Glad the 02 has been working, have you seen the Batch Arterial PH diet yet? 02 stuttered for me last cycle and scared the heck outta me, 30 hours on the "diet" and 02 was back online again, it's pretty simple, it changes your ph levels making you less succeptible to attacks.

Magnesium, zinc, Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D, washed down with lemonade, up to 4X daily.

Cheap, simple, sure worth a shot.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!