Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Psilocybin: Success from a Skeptic (Read 3169 times)
BryanSch
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Psilocybin: Success from a Skeptic
Sep 13th, 2010 at 10:16pm

Hello all,
I've been around this board before, usually around the time my cycles kick in. I wanted to briefly describe my success with psilocybin mushrooms, because I truly believe this can be a viable (treatment) for many CH sufferers, and I would encourage anyone who cannot manage their headaches (for monetary or medical reasons) to try the psilocybin method.

I am a father of 2, and a cluster sufferer for 10 years. I was managing my headaches (2 cycles per year for about 4-5 weeks with 5-6 headaches per week) using steroids and what ever abortives my neurologist threw at me. When the recession hit, I was effected badly, and I could no longer afford the $25 doses of sumatriptan nasals that were working for me at the time, so I starting looking for other methods. I inevitably came across the psilocybin method of taking "magic mushrooms", which I always regarded with skepticism. But this time I was looking through more desperate eyes, so I decided to give it a try.

I purchased spores legally from an online website, and spent the next 2 months growing my own mushrooms in a small tupperware container (note: it is LEGAL to purchase  spores, though ILLEGAL to harvest mushrooms that contain psilocybin). Since last august (2009), I have dosed 3 times,  taking about 1 gram of mushrooms at the beginning of my cycles. This is less than half what most "recreational" mushroom users take to get high. I had a mild "psychedelic" reaction to each dose.

Since I started this treatment last august I have had only 2 headaches. Doing the math, that means I have prevented at least 58 clusters, since I average about 20 a cycle. And all this took only $120 in materials for growing the mushrooms. I am still in awe.

Let me say this: I did an immense amount of research, and many hours of reading testimonials from others on their experiences. There is a fairly in depth methodology behind this treatment, and I suggest anyone who considers it to research it well and read what others have written. There is a lot of planning involved, especially if you are growing your own mushrooms. It is not a path for everyone, but If I can inch anyone closer to consider this path, I believe there will be a high chance of success.

Please message me with any questions on my experiences, I would be more than willing to help anyone get started. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2010 at 2:43pm by BryanSch »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Psilocybin: Success from a Skeptic
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 12:10am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You'll like this site.

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 7:38am

I am ecstatic at your success. I, too, have found similar results. But I caution against your use of the word "cure."

"Cure" means never again having to take treatment.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:14am

I will second Brew's thoughts about a "cure".

No such thing in this business because if you were cured,
you wouldn't be having anymore cycles. 

The only time you're cured is when you're 6 feet under.

Psilocybin is probably the best prevent out there though...

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 11:57am

Do go to  clusterbusters.com      it's amazing the successes they've been having with some of our members who were not responding to anything else. Danged glad you found some pain free time. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BryanSch
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 3:01am

Yes! Cluster Busters is where I got most of my info about the psilocybin treatment. An amazing site. They seemed to have taken down a link to their FAQ page, although it is still accessible here-

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There is an immense amount of info on this page.

And yes, I concede, it is not a cure, but a treatment. Though it sure seems like a cure right now. I am convinced that  a legal and prescribable psilocybin regiment would be the most important step to date in the treatment of clusters. God bless the people at Cluster Busters for trying to build a credible case for this treatment.

IP Logged

boski
CH.com Alumnus

CH'S Suck for all that
Suffer / The Pain The
Pain

NYC
Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 10:51am

Could an increase in dose eliminate those few hits.  Or less of a does more often? 

IP Logged

BryanSch
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 2:32pm

I'm not sure, but to be honest I'd rather deal with one or two hits then risk stepping into the hallucination zone. I was never a big fan of taking psychedelics recreationally, and at my dosage it basically feels like having a few beers.

IP Logged

boski
CH.com Alumnus

CH'S Suck for all that
Suffer / The Pain The
Pain

NYC
Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 2:21am

Next time I'm going to try. These meds are for the Birds.

As long as I don't see the beast it's cool with me.   Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2010 at 2:22am by boski »  

IP Logged

BryanSch
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 11:35pm

This is the best explanation I've ever read on what psilocybin may do to the brain to prevent clusters.

IP Logged

Robert
CH.com Newbie

San Clemente CA
Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2010 at 12:27pm

I have looked everywere for the spores  cen you tell me were to look

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2010 at 2:33pm

Might I suggest you google mushroom spores.  For us to give a source over the open net could be construed as recommending an illegal substance.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!