Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new to site but not the pain (Read 781 times)
johnscorpio13
CH.com Newbie

God Bless the pf days!

florida
new to site but not the pain
Sep 9th, 2010 at 1:36pm

am in my early forties and have had clusters for geez... as long as i can remember, or would like to forget rather. remission periods of 4 months to 3 years and everywhere inbetween. currently bout 1 1/2 to 2 months into my current cycle having on the avg. 2-4 icepickekers aday.
sometimes i wonder why u never heard of anyone holding up a pharmacy for imitrex injections just to stop a 9-10 on the kip scale, LOL

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Re: new to site but not the pain
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 4:50pm

Welcome and  Smiley John !

I have at least 1 icepecker icepicker per day year round sometimes more and haven't found a pharmacy worth holding up YET!  There were a few I contemplated but I chickened out  Shocked  Had a 6er on the kip scale today at work didn't run for the imitrex but probably should have, damn devil lowered my production for the day.  Roll Eyes

Anywhoooo Glad you found us and make sure to check out the O2 page. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 6:04pm

Hey John, and while you're checking out the O2 page (highly recommended!), you might want to give the imitrex tip a gander too - it details how to abort 2 to 3 CH hits with one 6mg injector's worth of imitrex.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:08am by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 1:43am

Hi John Scorpio and welcome.

Wow, there is apparently no rhyme or reason to when your cycles return, eh?
Mine have been fairly clockwise since 2000, I go into cycle every 2 to 2 and a half years. Have to admit though, that before 2000 mine were all over the place as well.
I hated the uncertainty.

Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

+Danny Boy+
CH.com Newbie

I love morels

Minnesota
Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:00am

Hey John Welcome aboard. I have had those two year breaks too. It really makes it worse when they come back. I'm currently in remission but glad i found these folks anyway. They really understand what we go through. Glad to know ya. Dan

The great thing about cluster headaches is..... uh....uhh...

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 7:32am

Welcome John!

You have a great analogy there (icepicker), lol!

As bejeeber said, check out the O2 page so you
can eliminate the Imitrex.  You'll read that too much
trex can cause rebound headaches and we sure don't want those.  Read as much as you can here and ask as much as you can!

All the best!
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!