Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie from Kansas (Read 1032 times)
magoo51
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Newbie from Kansas
Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:15am

Hello All,

My name is Khalil and I have been a CH sufferer for as long as I can remember.  I am a week into my annual cycle, and I haven't missed them at all!  As I sit here at 2:00 AM with an Imitrex injection by my side and a Rockstar energy drink at close reach, I am afraid to fall asleep because I know that the beast is waiting for me.  I had a K-5 last night and a K-8 the night before that.  Two weeks ago life was grand!! A bad round of golf was my biggest worry.  This site has given me so much insight and useful information.  I can't wait to write a post after this cycle has ended and be so thankful to not be going through this pain!!  THANK YOU, THIS SITE HAS MADE ME REALIZE HOW STRONG CLUSTERHEADS TRULY ARE!!   

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Re: Newbie from Kansas
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 6:34am

Welcome Khalil!

We are a tough bunch aren't we?!   Grin

Have you looked into O2 for your CH ? 

Sending PF thoughts your way.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 7:47am

Khalil Greene....the ex San Diego Padres short stop??? My daughter had such a crush on you! Grin

Welcome to the board, we're glad you found us. 3 suggestios:

1: the biggest one...read the oxygen info link on the left. 32 year sufferer here and 02 has almost eliminated my use of imitrex. Average abort time for me is less then 10 minutes.

2: A decent prevent med...one you take daily while on cycle to reduce how many hits you get and how strong the hits are. I use lithium, verapamil is the typical first try and topomax works for many.

3: Since you suffer from night time hits purchase a bottle of melatonin from a health or vitamin store. Start wtih 9 mg 30 minutes before bed time. Some go as high as 15 mg, some take a combo of 6 mg regular melatonin and 9 mg slow release to get them thru the night. Helps to avoid the wake up calls. Give it 7-10 days to see if it helps you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

shellcory
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Victoria, Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 9:52am

Hi Khalil,
             I just want to say welcome! It's amazing how finding this community can have such an impact on people's lives, the knowledge that you are no longer alone allows a comfort which most sufferers and supporters have never had the opportunity to feel. The people here are very strong, supportive and full of wonderful information, and yes they have an understanding which is almost impossible to find anywhere else. Hope this cluster doesn't last to long and that pain free times find you soon.
                             Regards Shell Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 9:56am

welcome Khalil - Glad you found the site. It's wonderful to be able to share with people who understand.

Hope it's a short cycle for you and that some of the suggestions given will give you relief.

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 11:21am

Using a preventive med is essential. See the PDF file, below.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (144 KB | 27 )

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 1:46am

Hello Padres shortstop...er Khalil,

You sure are doing the smart thing and the right thing coming here and collecting the tips'n tricks that'll optimize your beast fighting capabilities!

I suppose you've seen the imitrex tip on the left already? If not, it can be a tremendous help to an imitrex user, and IMO is a must read: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2010 at 1:47am by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!