Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Melatonin (Read 11025 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Melatonin
Reply #50 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:09am

dkfreese wrote on Oct 5th, 2010 at 10:58pm:
I've tried O2 in the past without success, but now I'm not sure I was doing it right.  Currently take Treximet with mixed success.

Read up the oxygen link on the left which has loads of great info. And if you've questions, just ask.

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #51 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 4:08pm

dkfreese wrote on Oct 5th, 2010 at 6:40pm:
Started taking melatonin 3 nights ago, 3 mg about 30 min before bedtime and haven't been woken up with a night attack yet

I love to read stuff like this.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Lauren17
CH.com Sponsor

Texas
Reply #52 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 9:20am

Well, about a week on 6-9mg Melatonin and they seem to be working on hubby 5'10" and 185lb. (I'm guessing at that- in my eyes he's 8'6", but I'm biased!) He's only had a few breakthrough kip4s, knocked out with oxygen, and (this is the miracle here!) was able to get right back to sleep!

2 points- about a month before this cycle started he started having an AWFUL time falling asleep and staying asleep, the Melatonin has helped with that. We're going to watch and see if that is a warning sign on the next cycle as well.

Couple nights ago I kept watch after he fell asleep to gauge how the Melatonin is working (could set your clock by the "wake up call" exactly 1 hour after he falls asleep). Anyway, the vein in his temple started throbbing (that is our barometer on these things- it'll get hard when one is coming on, throb when in a headache, then back to normal when they're gone) and he started thrashing a bit, but then the vein went back to normal on it's own and it was all over 10 minutes later and he never woke up.

So mark us down for a checkmark for Melatonin- it's worked great for keeping most of the night attacks and minimizing the ones that do break through

Never, never, never give up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!