Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just saying hi (Read 940 times)
Dale Caffrey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Just saying hi
Aug 28th, 2010 at 7:24pm

Hey people,

Episodic sufferer here. Usually once a year at the end of summer (Now  Cry). Diagnosed at the end of my first cycle (four years ago) luckily & have been fighting the beast since then. Had my worst attack ever a few nights back & it really scared me. Have been reading up a lot of info since then & thats whats brought me here.

Hopefully with all the help at hand here it can make my life a little easier.

Dale.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Just saying hi
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 7:37pm

Hey Dale,

Glad you found the forum! Considering that you've just recently had your worst attack ever, I bet this info gathering quest you're now on will lead you to some markedly improved relief. It sure has for a lot of people here.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2010 at 9:48pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 8:46pm

Hi Dale

Welcome to the board

There's lots of different stuff to try to manage this condition like O2 if you don't have it already (more info on link to the left) it is the front line abortive that most people here swear by , not tried it my self yet but I will asap .

There's also the clusterbusters method (link also to the left) which is having grate results using mushroom tea etc.

for now a grab a can of Red Bull or similar , any energy drink with Caffeine (0.03%) and Taurine(0.4%) and drink it as quickly as possible at the first sign of an attack , it can help reduce the intensity of an attack or even stop one and it very straight away too.

God bless

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 11:12pm

Welcome to the board Dale, when you get a chance give us a run down of your treatment regimen, prevents, aborts etc. Maybe you'll give us a pearl, maybe we can make a suggestion to take back to your doc. It's what makes the board work! Wink Glad you found us.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 8:06am

Welcome to the club no one wants to belong to, and where the dues are collected by a beast master from hell!

Glad you found us Dale!  Sending you some Beast a$$ kicking vibes!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Dale Caffrey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 8:38pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

No special routine or anything. The only thing the docs given me is an ongoing prescription for Imigran (Sumatriptan) which doesn't always seem to have the desired effect unfortunately. Definitely found out some new info but I'm hoping I won't have to use it much  Smiley

I've read a lot on the O2 & wouldn't mind having some on hand ready. Is it just a matter of bringing it up with the doc or is there some specifics he'll want to know?

Dale.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 8:45pm

Read the oxygen info link on the left as it must be used correctly or it's useless. The keys:

A high flow regulator...at least 15 LPM, preferably one that goes to 25 LPM, a Non Re Breather Mask, Nasal Canulas and re breather masks do NOT work, and you must start it as soon as you feel the beast stirring. Last cycle my aborts averaged 6-8 minutes. Beats the hell outta the 90 minute rides I used to take.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!